Security

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM > Can i configre expiry time in minutes? for example 0.5 = 30 min?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  CPPM > Can i configre expiry time in minutes? for example 0.5 = 30 min?

Posted May 29, 2013 06:27 AM

Hi Guys

Can i configre expiry time in minutes? for example 0.5 = 30 min?

Please advise.

• 2.  RE: CPPM > Can i configre expiry time in minutes? for example 0.5 = 30 min?

Posted May 29, 2013 06:36 AM

kdisc98, to be blunt - this  should take you max 1 minute to try out for yourself ;)

The value is an integer so no - it can't have a decimal component.

• 3.  RE: CPPM > Can i configre expiry time in minutes? for example 0.5 = 30 min?

Posted May 29, 2013 06:40 AM
    Thanks - i posted this post after trying it by myself...but it's always good to ask - sometime you find answer/tips from more experience people...

So from your answer,i can understand that the min expiry time its 1 hour?

• 4.  RE: CPPM > Can i configre expiry time in minutes? for example 0.5 = 30 min?
    Best Answer

Posted May 29, 2013 06:55 AM

Nope.. I felt bad for the harsh comment so I did some research :)

You can tweak this.

Leave value in "expire_after" to 1

Add the field "modify_expire_time" and do the following changes

• User Interface = Hidden field
    • Field required = true
    • Initial Value = 1800s
    • Validator = "no validation"
    • Check "Show advanced properties" and check "Force Value" 

I tried this and then the user var registered for 30 minutes.

• 5.  RE: CPPM > Can i configre expiry time in minutes? for example 0.5 = 30 min?

Posted May 29, 2013 07:09 AM

Thanks But ...after 1 hour or 30 min...the user can create a new user for himself and continue using his device...so ..it's like doing nothing....

• 6.  RE: CPPM > Can i configre expiry time in minutes? for example 0.5 = 30 min?

Posted May 29, 2013 07:15 AM

Sure, but thats a different case altogether. The answer you asked is solved by what I said above.

You have another post where cjoseph has answered you how to solve the issue regarding updating the account within 24h.

• 7.  RE: CPPM > Can i configre expiry time in minutes? for example 0.5 = 30 min?

Posted May 29, 2013 07:19 AM

:)

cjospeh answerd...but is soultion aint working...after 1 hour i can relogin the device with new username and password....

• 8.  RE: CPPM > Can i configre expiry time in minutes? for example 0.5 = 30 min?

Posted May 29, 2013 07:20 AM

On a sidenote...

Why do you hate your guests so much that you limit the access and registration process in this way? :smileyindifferent:

If you shed some light on your challenge (not how you're trying to implement it) then we might offer better solutions according to experience and best practice. So - give us the whole picture :)

• 9.  RE: CPPM > Can i configre expiry time in minutes? for example 0.5 = 30 min?

Posted May 29, 2013 07:26 AM

:smileyhappy:

The Whole pictures: (isn't such a big picture)

It's supposed to be a free managed service - for 1 hour per day per device.

Each guest can register and get is own user/pass - and can enjoy from the Wi-If service for 1 hour per day - not more than than.

When 24hours (or 24:00 at night) arriving - this guest can re-login or create is own user/pass again. ( I don't want guests to create new users after the 1 hour passing...If they can do it - so...i done nothing)

That's what I'm trying to accomplish - please S.O.S - i'am sitting on this issue for 3 days already...

:smileyhappy:

Thanks in advance.

me

• 10.  RE: CPPM > Can i configre expiry time in minutes? for example 0.5 = 30 min?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 29, 2013 08:06 AM

kdisk98,

You should make it so that the credentials are either emailed or sent by SMS ONLY.  That means the user would have to have different phone numbers or emails to create a new account, and most of them would not bother with that.  Smart people can change their mac address, anyway.

• 11.  RE: CPPM > Can i configre expiry time in minutes? for example 0.5 = 30 min?

Posted May 29, 2013 08:12 AM
    there isn't smart guests :)
    and the mac filed...should be empty&hidden until the client register itself - i need the CPPM to get the MAC info from the client itself without asking for it...i thought that this is possible...

BTW: i have 20 sims for 20 diffrent cell numbers.. and more than 200 e-mails address and i can create for myself a lot...so.. smart people can change the e-mail address and their phone number.

I need it to be locked to DEVICE for 24 HOURS on each 1 hour use... as far i understand from u guys...it cannot be done :( cjoseph... HELP

• 12.  RE: CPPM > Can i configre expiry time in minutes? for example 0.5 = 30 min?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 29, 2013 08:37 AM

I mean the client can change the mac address on his/her device to get around whatever you do.  

Changing the mac address is much easier than swapping Sim cards or pretending you have multiple email addresses, and is NOT a long term solution.  

You should just give everyone who is an anonymous user 512k bandwidth 24 hours a day and be done with it.  All of the hoops that are created for users diminish from the value that is provided to them.

Regardless, I will ask a co-worker post how to disallow the same mac address as I am not near a CPPM box.

• 13.  RE: CPPM > Can i configre expiry time in minutes? for example 0.5 = 30 min?

Posted May 29, 2013 10:28 AM

Thanks cjoseph.
    Update me. . . i must show our CEO a working Topology of this configuration.
    (in the meantime - i found something similar... Using your method and the other post method.. im still working on this - to make it perfect to the big client demands)

Again - Thank u!