Security

MVP

CPPM - iOS8 Onboarding

Is iOS8 onboarding supported?  I have some developers that are trying to onboard iOS8 devices and it's failing.  Haven't been able to look into it yet, but don't want to waste my time if it's not going go work.

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Occasional Contributor I

Re: CPPM - iOS8 Onboarding

I had a tac case on this. As apple is messing with several wifi settings it is not supported yet.
MVP

Thanks bhighers.  Did you experience issues with profile installation failing as well?

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
MVP

What I've found so far is that iOS8 is failing on Aruba captive portals.  When credentials are submitted and the securelogin.arubanetworks.com redirection on the controller occurs, there is a SSLv3 error - "Bad Record MAC" received from the server 3 times.  Then, the iOS8 devices gives up.  So the issue for me is really controller side as I haven't even been able to get as far as onboarding the devices.  I'm opening a TAC case on this.

New Contributor

Did you ever find a solution to this? I think we are hitting the same issue with IOS8 and our captive portal. When I did a packet capture at the securelogin.arubanetworks.com redirect I see the same SSLv3 fatal alerts for bad record mac and the client never fully authenticates onto the wireless network.
MVP

i saw in another thread that IOS 8 is kinda picky about the certificate used for SSL. not sure if it is possible for onboarding but could you go to a http website instead of https?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: