Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM operator profiles - Help Desk customization

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  CPPM operator profiles - Help Desk customization

Posted Aug 03, 2017 08:18 AM

I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if it's not possible.  I have LDAP attributes mapping our Help Desk Staff into a CPPM Help Desk operator profile, which I customized from the default Help Desk profile.  I have "Manage Devices" set to Read-Only to allow them to view all the registered devices, but it also restricts them from managing their own devices.  Full-Access allows them to edit ever Device.  Is there another option or translation that I can add to allow them "Read-Mostly" ?

thanks

mike

• 2.  RE: CPPM operator profiles - Help Desk customization

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 08:51 AM
    Give them full access to the device settings and then use the operator filter to only allow them to see their own devices.

• 3.  RE: CPPM operator profiles - Help Desk customization

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 08:56 AM

You can also use this to create new base foundations and then do like Tim suggested. 

https://ase.arubanetworks.com/solutions/id/83

• 4.  RE: CPPM operator profiles - Help Desk customization

Posted Aug 03, 2017 09:00 AM

"full access to the device settings and then use the operator filter to only allow them to see their own devices" only resulted in the profile seeing only their own devices, and not being able to edit them.

I probably wasn't clear in that I want the Help Desk to view all Devices to verify correct registration, but still be permitted to create and edit their own devices.

I will look into the ASE xml editor..

thanks

mike

• 5.  RE: CPPM operator profiles - Help Desk customization
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 09:05 AM

Please note the ASE link is only for Policy Manager permissions (administrative, not end user).

Use these settings in your Guest operator profile:

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 9.04.49 AM.png

I misread your original post. There is not a way to give read only for some accounts and full access to others.

• 6.  RE: CPPM operator profiles - Help Desk customization

Posted Aug 03, 2017 09:13 AM

OK, I didn't know if I was missing something.  I'll just notify the help desk that they'll need to contact an Admin if they need one of their own devices editted.