Security

Occasional Contributor II

CPPM stop storing the sessions

Hi Everyone,

I am having a big issue right now with CPPM.

We have guest accounts previously generated that can be used for a max of 30hours, this is done by matching the amount of time session, evey time the user wants to authenticate.

But now the sessions are not being stored and the guest account can be used for more then the especified.

Please point me in the right direction to fix this as it is a critical issue for my setup.

Thanks!

Guru Elite

Re: CPPM stop storing the sessions

You should review the configuration used to age out the Guest Users. Do you know who configured it in the first place?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Hi Joseph,

Initial configuration was done by a provider which whom we are not working anymore.

As an update the issue was solved by rebooting the server from server configuration in CPPM management. But the reason of this issue eludes me, I have sessions missing from early morning 22nd May to today afternoon 11th June.

My problem is this issue affect our  business model and I need at least understand the reason to encounter it with a workaround, a solution would be ideal of course.

Any idea of what can I look at to check on the reasons of this issue?

Thanks!

Guru Elite

It is best that you open a TAC case, because they would be able to collect all of your information.  Since you rebooted it, it is also possible that the information needed to understand your issue is lost...

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Hi Joseph,

We currently do not posses an annual maintenance contract. So I can not open a request to TAC.

If you can jus tpoint me in any direction I will try to find it myself.

Thanks again

Guru Elite

I apologize.

The problem is that there are a number of ways to do guest expiry, so the solution to your problem would be determined by the method in which your guest expiry was done.  A search for guest expiry in the knowledgebase is here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?include_tkbs=true&location=category%3ASupport-Documentation-Downloads&q=clearpass+guest+expiration

Colin Joseph

Aruba Employee

Hi Rodrigar,

As you mentioned reboot fixed the issue, you could look at Monitoring » Event Viewer and Filter Level with ERROR message and see any service is been stuck or rebooting and also Monitoring » Live Monitoring » System Monitor page for any  system performance issue.

Regards,

Pavan

Hi Joseph,

Guest expiricy is not being done, strictly on the meaning of the word.

What we do is provide to every guest account 30 hours of access, which is measure from the insight accounting, everytime the user wants to log in the login page executes an SQL checking the lump sum of all sessions and allows access when total session time is less than 30hours.

So basically users are never really expuired, we just do not allow them to access.

Could you please recommend another, more proper way, to perform this operation?

Further more I found the below link really interesting about setting expire date and time from registration form. Can this be done from webl login?

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/How-to-setup-dynamic-guest-account-expiration-based-on-role/ta-p/289300

Thanks Joseph as usual.

cjoseph wrote:

I apologize.

The problem is that there are a number of ways to do guest expiry, so the solution to your problem would be determined by the method in which your guest expiry was done.  A search for guest expiry in the knowledgebase is here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?include_tkbs=true&location=category%3ASupport-Documentation-Downloads&q=clearpass+guest+expiration

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: