Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Can ClearPass send a disconnect request when the guest user expired?

This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  Can ClearPass send a disconnect request when the guest user expired?

Posted Mar 19, 2017 03:23 AM

Hi everyone:

I have a question about the Guest user.

I regist a guest user throught the web page, and the expired time is about 1 hour. After 1 hour, the user can not login again. It will reject the authentication. I want to know, if the Clearpass can send a DM (disconnect request) message by radius packet to the NAS when the guest user become to expired status? If it's ok, how to do the configuration?

• 2.  RE: Can ClearPass send a disconnect request when the guest user expired?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 19, 2017 10:22 AM
      |   view attached

Yes, it will send de-auth radius packet. I have attached CPPM and Aruba wireless integration guide, which proivde basic guest regestration configuration.

Regards

Pavan

If my post address your query, give kudos:)

• 3.  RE: Can ClearPass send a disconnect request when the guest user expired?

Posted Mar 19, 2017 01:01 PM

update your enforcement policy with Radius CoA disconnect when the the account expires.

Aruba Wireless ACMP/ ClearPass ACCP Professional

Give Kudo give helpful

• 4.  RE: Can ClearPass send a disconnect request when the guest user expired?

Posted Aug 08, 2018 04:19 AM

Hi,

"update your enforcement policy with Radius CoA disconnect when the the account expires."

how would you do that?

• 5.  RE: Can ClearPass send a disconnect request when the guest user expired?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 09, 2018 06:45 AM

Use the Guest template (Configuration >> Start Here) to create a guest service.

This will generate the necessary enforcements and you are in need of the enforcement named "xxxxx Guest Do Expire", this enforcement will take care of sending radius disconnect message to the NAS when it is applied during guest user authentication.

Note: The above enforcement takes guest expiration action based on the do_expire value associated to the guest account.

You need to navigate to ClearPass Guest >> Configuration >> Guest Manager >> Expire Action and set it to either "Delete and logout at specified time" or "Disable and logout at specified time".

The above config is global, you can modify this value in individual forms using the filed name "do_expire".

• 6.  RE: Can ClearPass send a disconnect request when the guest user expired?

Posted Feb 06, 2019 05:51 AM

hello, 

I have a similar issue, I'm providing guest access with self-registration for a large number of users, 

results under "manage account" are different, sometimes the guest user get deleted and CoA sent to the controller once expired, in parallel, you may find another guest user remain with the expired status in Guest DB and no action triggered (delete + CoA)

any idea? 

• 7.  RE: Can ClearPass send a disconnect request when the guest user expired?

Posted Mar 20, 2017 05:24 AM

Hello

what's the meaning of de-auth radius packet.

Is that the packet in RFC3576 , Disconnect Message ?

2.1. Disconnect Messages (DM)

A Disconnect-Request packet is sent by the RADIUS server in order to
    terminate a user session on a NAS and discard all associated session
    context. The Disconnect-Request packet is sent to UDP port 3799, and
    identifies the NAS as well as the user session to be terminated by
    inclusion of the identification attributes described in Section 3.

Chiba, et al. Informational [Page 5]
    RFC 3576 Dynamic Authorization Extensions to RADIUS July 2003

+----------+ Disconnect-Request +----------+
    | | <-------------------- | |
    | NAS | | RADIUS |
    | | Disconnect-Response | Server |
    | | ---------------------> | |
    +----------+ +----------+

• 8.  RE: Can ClearPass send a disconnect request when the guest user expired?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2017 06:03 AM

Hi,

Yes, its Radius Disconnect message.ClearPass should be configured as RFC 3576 server on the controller and Accounting should also be enabled on the controller. Need to enable insight in clearpass aswell.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post address your query, give kudos:)

• 9.  RE: Can ClearPass send a disconnect request when the guest user expired?

Posted Jun 20, 2018 10:05 AM

Ciao,

who can explain why I need to enable insight in clearpass in order to make works CoA?

Thanks

• 10.  RE: Can ClearPass send a disconnect request when the guest user expired?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 20, 2018 11:10 AM

Insight is not required for RADIUS Dynamic Authorization.