Security

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Can I change the management address of a master publisher in a cluster

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Can I change the management address of a master publisher in a cluster

Posted Jun 21, 2016 08:14 AM

I need to change the management IP address of the master publisher in a cluster of 5 clearpass servers. Can I just change the address or do I have to unbind each secondary server, make the change, and then rebind the secondaries?

A

• 2.  RE: Can I change the management address of a master publisher in a cluster
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2016 08:30 AM

Hi Alex,

You need to drop the subscribers before changing the Publisher MGMT interface Ip address and then re-join the subscribers after the IP change.

• 3.  RE: Can I change the management address of a master publisher in a cluster

MVP
    Posted Feb 15, 2019 03:09 PM

Hey all, bringing this back quick for a question - 

Instead of dropping all subscribers, could you instead define a standby publisher, bring down the primary publisher and allow all servers to fail over. Then change the IP on the old publisher, bring it back online, rejoin it to the cluster with it's new IP and set it as the standby publisher. Then fail it over again. Would all of the subscribers then take the new IP address without every breaking the cluster?