Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Can i configure CPPM guest - to delete expired accounts in a spsefic hour ? (24:00 daily bases)

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Can i configure CPPM guest - to delete expired accounts in a spsefic hour ? (24:00 daily bases)

Posted Jun 12, 2013 09:21 AM

Two questions:

*Can i configure CPPM guest - to delete expired accounts in a spsefic hour ? (24:00 daily bases) - please advise.

*Can i configure the CPPM to delete expired account - after 24hours since login

Please advise.

me

• 2.  RE: Can i configure CPPM guest - to delete expired accounts in a spsefic hour ? (24:00 daily bases)

Posted Jun 12, 2013 11:44 AM

Capture.PNG

I want this expired device to be deleted (in order for the guest be able to login for another 30min) - 24Hrs after beened created&logged in.

please advise.

• 3.  RE: Can i configure CPPM guest - to delete expired accounts in a spsefic hour ? (24:00 daily bases)

Posted Jun 12, 2013 11:58 AM
      |   view attached

Have you tried doing here ? action after expiration: 

But I think it may not be supported under 6.0.

Define Custom Field – ClearPass Guest – Aruba Networks_2013-06-12_12-02-10.png

Aruba_CPGuest_DG_PDF.pdf - Adobe Reader_2013-06-12_12-12-35.png

Expiration Relative to Login, and Expiration Action
    The expire_postlogin (Lifetime) field is used to specify an expiration time that takes effect after the first
    login of a guest account.(#10442)
    The do_expire (Expire Action) field is used to specify the action to take when the expiration time
    (expire_time) is reached for a guest account. (#10442)

Attachment(s)

pdf
    ClearPass_6.1_RN.pdf   671 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Can i configure CPPM guest - to delete expired accounts in a spsefic hour ? (24:00 daily bases)

Posted Jun 12, 2013 02:16 PM

Thanks on a gr8 info.

Is there importent order i should place thoese options in the form?

BTW: i'am using CPPM evel lic - version number: 6.0.2.46902 - it will work for me? please advise.

• 5.  RE: Can i configure CPPM guest - to delete expired accounts in a spsefic hour ? (24:00 daily bases)

Posted Jun 12, 2013 02:23 PM

Unfortunately is not supported under the 6.0.x version according to the 6.1 release notes :

ClearPass_6.1_RN.pdf - Adobe Reader_2013-06-12_14-18-38.png

_2013-06-12_14-20-47.png

• 6.  RE: Can i configure CPPM guest - to delete expired accounts in a spsefic hour ? (24:00 daily bases)

Posted Jun 12, 2013 05:53 PM

Ok - thanks on the info  So in 6.0.X  my only solution is to set expiry time to amount needed for each guest,and set the database clear of expired accounts to 24 hours. *That's the only way i can achive + - what my client want*

• 7.  RE: Can i configure CPPM guest - to delete expired accounts in a spsefic hour ? (24:00 daily bases)

Posted Jun 12, 2013 05:59 PM

I still dont see that the CPPM cleaning expired accounts: (I can see that guest account that already expired)

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

even due i set the following confg:

Capture.PNG

I set "Expired guest account cleanup interval" on 1 day , yesterday afternoon and now it's 00:57...When the cppm will clean up?

please advise.

Thanks.

Me

• 8.  RE: Can i configure CPPM guest - to delete expired accounts in a spsefic hour ? (24:00 daily bases)

Posted Jun 12, 2013 06:45 PM

I think those havent been removed because those accounts were used recently : 10 Hrs or 4 Hrs  ...

You may have to wait until that account has been expired for 24 hrs since the last time the account was used or considered active/valid.

Screen Shot 2013-06-12 at 6.48.09 PM.png

• 9.  RE: Can i configure CPPM guest - to delete expired accounts in a spsefic hour ? (24:00 daily bases)

Posted Jun 13, 2013 07:05 AM

so....when i configre expire time,and the guest account is expired...the guest will continue to browse/surf...it's not normal...i build all this configuration in CPPM evel in order the guest user to be disconnect and back to the login-page agian at the end of the 1 hour.... so something is missing if i need manauly to disconnect thoes guests...

• 10.  RE: Can i configure CPPM guest - to delete expired accounts in a spsefic hour ? (24:00 daily bases)

Posted Jun 13, 2013 07:14 AM

After the account expired it shouldn;t be able to continue to browse , unless accounting is not working properly

Have you tried manually disconnecting the user from the active guest list ?

• 11.  RE: Can i configure CPPM guest - to delete expired accounts in a spsefic hour ? (24:00 daily bases)

Posted Jun 13, 2013 07:18 AM

After the account expired it should be able to continue to browse

WHAT?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'am using the CPPM in order for it to enable guest users to self login and after 1 hour to disconnect them and give them the cap role agian.

manaully the CPPM can disconnect and delete guests accounts...but i cant show to my client and my CEO a manually soultion.

it shold and need to be automatic. for this the GUEST module designed for.

• 12.  RE: Can i configure CPPM guest - to delete expired accounts in a spsefic hour ? (24:00 daily bases)

Posted Jun 13, 2013 07:19 AM

are u sure:

After the account expired it should be able to continue to browse ?

it's just dosent sound right... (ANYONE else here can advise please)

• 13.  RE: Can i configure CPPM guest - to delete expired accounts in a spsefic hour ? (24:00 daily bases)

Posted Jun 13, 2013 07:28 AM

Sorry I meant to say it shouldn't able to browse

• 14.  RE: Can i configure CPPM guest - to delete expired accounts in a spsefic hour ? (24:00 daily bases)

Posted Jun 13, 2013 07:30 AM

The reason I asked about the manual option is to see if accounting is working.

It should work automatically .

• 15.  RE: Can i configure CPPM guest - to delete expired accounts in a spsefic hour ? (24:00 daily bases)

Posted Jun 13, 2013 08:58 AM

Ok - Thank u .

It's working well. the COA is working. in the expiry time and also manually