Security

Occasional Contributor I

Captive Portal Login Page Redirection Not Working

We have a provisioning Captive Portal Authentication profile. Our clients can connect to this network however Google / browsers homepage is loading and NOT the "Login Page" we configure. 

I can manually type in the address of the Login Page but ideally we want the browser to redirect to this page. 

Any idea where to start?

Occasional Contributor I

Re: Captive Portal Login Page Redirection Not Working

Some further details - 

Our guest redirect works (using specific guest VLANs) however we are trying to setup a Provisioning page for trusted iPads and devices outside of GPO deployment. These are not working. 

Our client gets an IP and is able to nslookup our controller and can access the redirect page manually (typing in the address) but is NOT automatically being redirected. We have the https://<servername.domain.com/device_provisioning.php in our Login Page field - but it is not redirecting here. 

IF we change the VLANs for this provisioning to match our Guest VLANs the redirection DOES work. It is only when we change this VAP to use the Trusted VLANs that redirection fails. 

Is there code or config we can post that migth help? 

Aruba Employee

This looks like a configuration issue. Can you attach your running config here and tell me which VAPs and VLANs are you trying to use?

The VLAN for which CP login not working isd it L3 (IP on controller) or L2 (no IP on controller) vlan?

Occasional Contributor I

[ Edited ]

Found the issue - no Interface for this particular VLAN - adding one solved the Provisioning redirect

Occasional Contributor I

Your post helped - we didn't have a VLAN Interface for this particular VLAN - once we provided an IP the redirection worked. 

Aruba Employee

I am glad  worked...

Cheers...

New Contributor

The Guest Vlan MUST have valid IP address in controller.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: