Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive Portal/Separate SSID's

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Captive Portal/Separate SSID's

Posted Apr 13, 2016 07:49 AM

Hi all

We are about to introduce two more departments/entities onto our Guest Wi-Fi network. The requirement is to put them onto different ssid's with different auth paramenters and ip addressing etc....but we want Captive Portal/Self Registration on the same ClearPass server that we are using for our current guest ssid. I assume this is possible but how is it done? The ClearPass only has one Data Port and currently this has an IP address on the current guest vlan. Do we need to set that interface as a trunk and then do something at the network level or is it done within the Policies of the ClearPass?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Captive Portal/Separate SSID's

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2016 07:57 AM
    As long as ClearPass is reachable by the controller and clients, you shouldnt have to make any network changes. You may have to tweak your service parameters.

• 3.  RE: Captive Portal/Separate SSID's

Posted Apr 13, 2016 08:12 AM

So it shouldn't matter if the existing Captive Portal ip address is on a diffenet subnet as the new client? I see there is an option in the existing Web Auth Captive Portal Service to match by ssid - is it as simple as that? I'm reasonably new to this technology and environmnet, its a different kettle of fish to traditional networking, I'm still adjusting, :-), trust me. 

• 4.  RE: Captive Portal/Separate SSID's
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2016 08:24 AM
    The controller should have an FQDN defined with a specific guest page. Each ssid can have a different page assigned.

Please post a screenshot of the screen you described.

• 5.  RE: Captive Portal/Separate SSID's

Posted Apr 13, 2016 08:32 AM
      |   view attached

Yes, I see that in the config, you can point to a different page under the L3 Authentication paramaeters as I've attached.

Attachment(s)

docx
    Captive Portal.docx   136 KB 1 version