Security

Contributor I

Captive Portal/Separate SSID's

Hi all

We are about to introduce two more departments/entities onto our Guest Wi-Fi network. The requirement is to put them onto different ssid's with different auth paramenters and ip addressing etc....but we want Captive Portal/Self Registration on the same ClearPass server that we are using for our current guest ssid. I assume this is possible but how is it done? The ClearPass only has one Data Port and currently this has an IP address on the current guest vlan. Do we need to set that interface as a trunk and then do something at the network level or is it done within the Policies of the ClearPass?

Thanks

Guru Elite

Re: Captive Portal/Separate SSID's

As long as ClearPass is reachable by the controller and clients, you shouldnt have to make any network changes. You may have to tweak your service parameters.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Contributor I

So it shouldn't matter if the existing Captive Portal ip address is on a diffenet subnet as the new client? I see there is an option in the existing Web Auth Captive Portal Service to match by ssid - is it as simple as that? I'm reasonably new to this technology and environmnet, its a different kettle of fish to traditional networking, I'm still adjusting, :-), trust me. 

Guru Elite

The controller should have an FQDN defined with a specific guest page. Each ssid can have a different page assigned.

Please post a screenshot of the screen you described.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Contributor I

Yes, I see that in the config, you can point to a different page under the L3 Authentication paramaeters as I've attached.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: