Security

fm
Contributor I

Captive Portal for "Registration" purposes only

Hi guys!

I'm new to aruba world.

I would like to ask you if it's possible, using clearpass, to create a captive portal, not to register users but to get some information about them (Like name, country, phone, etc).

After the user submits this info he/she well be able to have full access to the internet.

Possible?

Thanks!

Guru Elite

Re: Captive Portal for "Registration" purposes only

Yes, it is possible.  In the ClearPass Guest User Guide:

"

Customizing Guest Manager

Guest Manager allows the entire guest account provisioning process to be customized. This is useful in many different situations, such as:

Self-registration – Allow your guests to self-register and create their own temporary visitor accounts.

Visitor surveys – Define custom fields to store data of interest to you, and collect this information from guests

using customized forms.

l Branded print receipts – Add your own branding images and text to print receipts.

l SMS and email receipts – Include a short text message with your guest’s username and password, or send HTML emails containing images.

l Advanced customization – ClearPass Guest is flexible and can be used to provide location sensitive content and advertising. 

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

fm
Contributor I

Re: Captive Portal for "Registration" purposes only

Hi!

Thank you!

I will  read the documentation about it.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: