Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive portal in Master-Local setup

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Captive portal in Master-Local setup

Posted Apr 28, 2014 08:56 AM

I have inherited a setup where the original captive portal design files have been lost. Is there any way of exporting and importing the files from the master into the local. I am not an HTML expert and would appreciate any help with this.

thanks.

• 2.  RE: Captive portal in Master-Local setup

Posted Apr 28, 2014 09:06 AM

The contents should be available in the backupflash file.  Create a backupflash on the master and export off the box.  Look in the following location for the page information:

/flash/upload/custom/<nameofprofile>

• 3.  RE: Captive portal in Master-Local setup

Posted Apr 29, 2014 03:39 AM

I've found the collection of files - how are they imported into the local?

• 4.  RE: Captive portal in Master-Local setup

Posted May 02, 2014 09:39 PM

You should be able to load it through the Captive Portal configuration page:   Configuration --> Management/Captive Portal --> Upload --> Choose your profile from the dropdown --> Browse and load the page.

• 5.  RE: Captive portal in Master-Local setup

Posted May 05, 2014 10:13 AM

How can we import those files to the computer ?

• 6.  RE: Captive portal in Master-Local setup

Posted May 06, 2014 07:53 AM

@syedmuradali wrote:

How can we import those files to the computer ?

could you repeat that question in another way? at what step are you seeking help now?

• 7.  RE: Captive portal in Master-Local setup

Posted May 06, 2014 08:08 AM

I believe after speaking to someone, I just choose a file and upload it. Select the next one and upload it until eventaully all files have been uploaded. I have a web page with a number of different elements - HTML, jpeg's etc. I wasnt sure if I could upload only a single file then the next upload would overwrite the previous one, but as far as I understand now each upload will add the relevant item along with the previously uploaded elements. Please corret me if this is wrong.

• 8.  RE: Captive portal in Master-Local setup

Posted May 06, 2014 08:11 AM

if you use "Page Type" Content that should be the case i believe.