Security

Frequent Contributor II

Captive portal slow to login

Hi,

I have setup a captive portal which has the user click on an "Accept" button to connect.  As per the instructions here:

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-154

This is working, however, when the user clicks Accept, it takes at least 10 seconds for the "Done" button to appear on the top right (this is on an iPhone).  Therefore it appears to the user that it's taking ages to get connected.

When looking at what is happening on the controller, the connected user goes from the logon role to the guest role in about 1 second, so I know thats working fine.

I'm running 6.2.0.2

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Lee

Regular Contributor I

Re: Captive portal slow to login

Is it affecting only iPhones or have you seen the same issue on other devices?

ACMA, ACMP
MVP

go to authentication  L3 authentication  and then on the captive portal authentication profile and on the profile you using on Redirect Pause 10 sec put i dont know 3 seconds? or 5 seconds?

see if this fix your issue

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Frequent Contributor II

Hi,

I've only tested with iPhones so far as that is the only device I have available to me.  Will see if I can get some other devices to test

Frequent Contributor II

Hi,

I tried this, I set the redirect pause to 1 sec, but it makes no difference.   If I put in a redirection URL at the bottom of the CP config, it does redirect me right away,  but the "Join" button still doesn't change to "Done" for about 10 seconds.

I don't want to have a redirect URL anyway, I just want to have the user return to the application they were using when the CP login was initiated

Thanks

Lee

Guru Elite

Did you try unchecking "Logout Popup Window" in the Captive Portal Authentication profile?

I don't understand where the "Done" or the "Join" buttons are coming from....

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Super Contributor II

Can you please share the screen shot of join or done button please?
Thanks & Regards
Syed Murad Ali
ACMP ACMA CCNA
Frequent Contributor II

Hi,

Not sure I can get a screenshot right now, but I will try to explain.

When my CP page is displayed, the page has an Acceptable Use Policy and an "I Accept" button at the bottom.  This is all part of the html that I uploaded to the Captive Portal.

At the top right of the screen when this page is displayed, is the "Join" button, this is not part of the html, it is provided by the iPhone itself.

When I click "I Accept", the Acceptable Use Policy disappears, and I just see a white web-page, but still the "Join" button remains at the top right, for about 10 seconds, then changes to "Done".  when I click "Done" the web-apge disappears and I return back to the application I was in that initiated the Captive Portal process.

On the controller, my role changes from logon to guest as soon as I click the "I accept" button on the web-page.

Hope this makes sense,

Guru Elite

Please try this:  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-1680

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Frequent Contributor II

Ok, so I tried adding the APPLE alias as per Colin's instruction,  but when I do that, I don't even get the web-page appear and I stayed connected to controller in my initial role.

If I remove the APPLE alias, the web-page appears but I still have the same slowness as before.

I tried with a Win7 PC with both IE and Firefox and I after I click "I accept" I see a "web Authentication is disabled, please contact administrator for assistance".  The URL of this page is https://securelogin.arubanetworks.com/auth/cp_disabled.html

One thing to add, I'm testing this in an environment whereby my test clients will not be able to reach the Internet even after successfully getting onto the guest network as there is a firewall in the way,.  I don't know why this would cause me these issues though.

Thanks for all your help

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: