Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive portal success page not working

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Captive portal success page not working

Posted Jun 23, 2014 11:18 AM

I am having a strange problem with captive portal. I am not getting the success page(not sure if that is the correct term). I do not have welcome page enabled. The portal page just prompts the user to click I accept then sends generic credentials over to the clear pass server and the CPPM caches their MAC for a specified time.

The portal page lives on the controller. When they click accept they get a blank page and it just hangs there until it times out. I have set this up in my lab using the same settings, profiles and portal pages and it works fine. On a Windows PC the page just disappears when you ckick accept and you are on. On a Mac you get a blank page that just says success and you can click on done and you are good to go.

Not sure what I missing in the customers config or what is being blocked.

• 2.  RE: Captive portal success page not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 23, 2014 11:31 AM

You should fall back to the default built-in page and see if you have an issue.  Make one change at a time and take it from there.

• 3.  RE: Captive portal success page not working

Posted Jun 23, 2014 12:05 PM

Thanks Colin,

I tried using the default page both with the welcome page on and off, same behavior.

• 4.  RE: Captive portal success page not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 23, 2014 12:08 PM

What is the success page and where do you have that configured?

• 5.  RE: Captive portal success page not working

Posted Jun 23, 2014 12:17 PM

Tha'ts kind of the mystery. I am not sure how that piece actually works in the code. In my lab I do not get the blank page on a Windows machine, but do get a success page on my Mac. The Mac appears to be going to a success page on the apple.com site. It's almost like something is blocked when the authentication happens and the controller is not getting what it needs to close out the portal page.

I checked the roles and i am getting put into the correct role during the authentication process and then into the guest role after I click accept.

• 6.  RE: Captive portal success page not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 23, 2014 12:22 PM

If this is a mac, in the Captive Portal Authentication Profile on the controller, please try enabling "Bypass Apple Captive Network Assistant"

• 7.  RE: Captive portal success page not working

Posted Jun 23, 2014 01:11 PM

That prevented the portal page from coming up at all and left me in the guest-logon portal. I have tapped the local guys for support as well. At this point I need to see if I need to get TAC involved. Thanks Colin. THis is a strange one.

• 8.  RE: Captive portal success page not working

Posted Nov 20, 2014 10:25 AM

Hi,

I just came across the same issue. The CP page pops up. However a blank page is displayed after we click on continue and no internet access. 

We can access internet if we restart the browser. Any fix for this?