Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive portal won't redirect

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  Captive portal won't redirect

Posted Jan 12, 2013 05:07 PM

Hi,

I am trying to setup captive portal, but when I connect to my CP enabled SSID,  I do not get redirected to the welcome page.

I am accessing the SSID via a RAP5, the SSID is in tunnel mode

Running 6.2.0.2

I've followed the Aruba OS 6.2 user guide as well as tried the wizard on the controller

I have the PEF license installed.

My clients gets assigned the guest-logon role, and can ping www.yahoo.com so I know DNS is working.

I would appreciate any help to get this working

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Captive portal won't redirect

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 13, 2013 03:36 AM

Is guest-logon role your initial role? Have you included the captive portal authentication profile on this role? Can you share the output of show user-role guest-logon

• 3.  RE: Captive portal won't redirect

Posted Jan 13, 2013 07:39 AM

Hi,

My initial role is called guest-guest-logon (the wizard created this).  The Captive portal authentication profile has been included on this role.  I can ping securelogin.arubanetworks.com, which resolves to the IP of my controller.

Output of show user role guest-guest-logon

#show user role guest-guest-logon

Users
    -----
        IP              MAC            Name     Role               Age(d:h:m)  Auth  VPN link  AP name      Roaming   Essid/Bssid/Phy               Profile         Forward mode  Type
    ----------     ------------       ------    ----               ----------  ----  --------  -------      -------   ---------------               -------         ------------  ----
    172.18.100.22  bc:52:b7:28:19:d8            guest-guest-logon  00:00:00                    leetestrap5  Wireless  guest/d8:c7:c8:fd:b9:a1/g-HT  guest-aaa_prof  tunnel        Android

User Entries: 1/1

• 4.  RE: Captive portal won't redirect

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2013 10:24 AM

Does the guest VLAN have a L3 interface in the controller?

• 5.  RE: Captive portal won't redirect

Posted Jan 14, 2013 12:32 PM

Hi,

It does not, do I need one ?

• 6.  RE: Captive portal won't redirect
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2013 12:33 PM

For L3 authentication, the controller needs an IP in the VLAN on the controller.

• 7.  RE: Captive portal won't redirect

Posted Jan 14, 2013 04:41 PM

Hi,

So adding the L3 VLAN now gets the portal login page to come up, which is great.

Next problem, when I login to the page using my AD credentials, I receive an authentication failed message. 

For my Captive Portal profile, I'm using the same RADIUS Server group as I use for my Enteprise 802.1x wireless LAN, any ideas why this wouldn't work ?

Thanks

• 8.  RE: Captive portal won't redirect
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 14, 2013 05:40 PM

Ok, so I changed the authentication protocol on my CP Auth profile to MSCHAP and now it's working,  thanks for all your help

• 9.  RE: Captive portal won't redirect

Posted Jan 13, 2013 03:41 AM

Can you ping securelogin.arubanetworks.com from the client?