Security

Frequent Contributor II

Captive portal won't redirect

Hi,

I am trying to setup captive portal, but when I connect to my CP enabled SSID,  I do not get redirected to the welcome page.

I am accessing the SSID via a RAP5, the SSID is in tunnel mode

Running 6.2.0.2

I've followed the Aruba OS 6.2 user guide as well as tried the wizard on the controller

I have the PEF license installed.

My clients gets assigned the guest-logon role, and can ping www.yahoo.com so I know DNS is working.

I would appreciate any help to get this working

Thanks

Is guest-logon role your initial role? Have you included...

Is guest-logon role your initial role? Have you included the captive portal authentication profile on this role? Can you share the output of show user-role guest-logon

ACMA, ACMP, ACSA
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Frequent Contributor II

Re: Captive portal won't redirect

Can you ping securelogin.arubanetworks.com from the client?

Frequent Contributor II

Re: Is guest-logon role your initial role? Have you included...

Hi,

My initial role is called guest-guest-logon (the wizard created this).  The Captive portal authentication profile has been included on this role.  I can ping securelogin.arubanetworks.com, which resolves to the IP of my controller.

Output of show user role guest-guest-logon

#show user role guest-guest-logon

Users
-----
    IP              MAC            Name     Role               Age(d:h:m)  Auth  VPN link  AP name      Roaming   Essid/Bssid/Phy               Profile         Forward mode  Type
----------     ------------       ------    ----               ----------  ----  --------  -------      -------   ---------------               -------         ------------  ----
172.18.100.22  bc:52:b7:28:19:d8            guest-guest-logon  00:00:00                    leetestrap5  Wireless  guest/d8:c7:c8:fd:b9:a1/g-HT  guest-aaa_prof  tunnel        Android

User Entries: 1/1

Guru Elite

Does the guest VLAN have a L3 interface in the controller?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor II

Hi,

It does not, do I need one ?

Guru Elite

For L3 authentication, the controller needs an IP in the VLAN on the controller.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor II

Hi,

So adding the L3 VLAN now gets the portal login page to come up, which is great.

Next problem, when I login to the page using my AD credentials, I receive an authentication failed message. 

For my Captive Portal profile, I'm using the same RADIUS Server group as I use for my Enteprise 802.1x wireless LAN, any ideas why this wouldn't work ?

Thanks

Frequent Contributor II

Ok, so I changed the authentication protocol on my CP Auth profile to MSCHAP and now it's working,  thanks for all your help

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: