Security

Super Contributor I

Centralised Access Tracker for clearpass cluster

I've just been testing load balancing eap auths over our clearpass cluster via an F5 load balancer  and although it does seem to work ( from the point of view that I've had a successful EAP authentication ) I still have to trawl round live monitoring/Access Tracker on each of the clearpass cluster servers to find a specific auth request from a given user, which is a bit of a pain.

Is there a way of having the master server showing all the live access tracker stiuff from all the servers ( then again, with F5 healthchecks in there there'll be a lot of crud you;d have to wade through so I guess that's not a great idea) ? 

Do I have to use insight to create a report  to search for a user and take it from there?

Rgds

A

Guru Elite

Re: Centralised Access Tracker for clearpass cluster

At the top of the access tracker window, click the Edit button on the right and then select the cluster name under Select Server (6.3+).

Also, what vendor are you using for wireless? Starting in AOS 6.4, Aruba controllers can RADIUS load balance without an external device.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Super Contributor I

Magic! just what I want.

We're running ArubaOS 6.3.1.10 on our production service but do happen to have 6.4 on another service. So 6.4 will load balance EAP transactions? That would be cool!

Rgds

Alex

Guru Elite

Correct! You'll see a Load Balancing check box in the server-group configuration.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Super Contributor I

Sadly it'll be a while before we upgrade to 6.4 due to the number of AP65's we've got but I'll certainly give it a try when we do.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: