Security

MVP

Certificate Question : Two CPPM each in different locations using different VLANs

[ Edited ]

No VIP

When I generate the CSR should it look like this :

CN:

cppm1.cppm.test.com

DNS:

cppm2.cppm.test.com,

IP:

IP:

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Guru Elite

Re: Certificate Question : Two CPPM each in different locations using different VLANs

Check out the document here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=13734

I think you are looking for a clustered deployment.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Re: Certificate Question : Two CPPM each in different locations using different VLANs

Thanks Colin,  so I guest it shouldn't matter if the SAN is FDQN is attached to a different IP address ?

CN:CPPM1.testing.com

SAN:

DNS:CPPM2.testing.com

IP:10.2.100.200

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Guru Elite

If you are using the same certificate for two different boxes, all their ip addresses and DNS names need to be in there.

"SAN – Subject Alternate Name

The subject alternative names (SubjectAltName) extension allows one SSL certificate to be used to secure one Web server with multiple names (such as a different DNS name, IP address or URI). Alternatively, the SubjectAltName extension can be used to secure up to two virtual Web servers using the same SSL certificate. "

"It is imperative that we configure the system with a Fully-Qualified-Domain-Name (FQDN). I’ve intentionally made an error to highlight that if you want to use a Subject Alternate Name (SAN) attribute in the certificate creation it must begin with uppercase DNS, IP or URI not lowercase letters. Multiple SAN’s entries can be entered comma delimited and there can be a mix of DNS and IP values."

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Thanks for the confirmation

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Aruba

Remember if you use the San field the cn field is ignored so you need to put both fqdns in the San field

Cn=server1
San= server1, server2, ip1, ip2

The ips are optional. You only need them if you don't use dns on all redirects.
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.

Victor,

Did we not cover this in email yesterday, or is this a different opportunity? ..... as Colin points out take a look at my CPPM PKI 101 Guide.

Best Regards
-d

Snr Tech Marketing Engineer - ClearPass

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Frequent Contributor II

If I redo my public certificate and add a 2nd server using the San field. Will this cause 802.1x clients to present error upon next connect because certificate has changed?
Guru Elite

Unless you use a supplicant configuration utility to configure your clients, they will most likely be prompted to accept the new certificate.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: