Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Certificate Revocation list on Clear pass

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Certificate Revocation list on Clear pass

Posted Mar 28, 2017 09:28 PM

Once we add the CRL on the clear pass Administration--->Certificate-Revocation list -->URL

May i know where we can view the Serial numbers of certificates which are revoked on the CPPM?

and i have the EAP-tls service is there anything else i need to confgure to do CRL check?

• 2.  RE: Certificate Revocation list on Clear pass
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 28, 2017 09:48 PM

You would need to look at the CRL contents directly via the URL. We do not have a way to view the contents in the GUI. 

• 3.  RE: Certificate Revocation list on Clear pass

Posted Mar 28, 2017 10:28 PM

So i need to use the URL put on a web browser and able to see the Serail numbers of Certificates.

Is my understanding is correct?

• 4.  RE: Certificate Revocation list on Clear pass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 28, 2017 10:34 PM

Yes, or look at your Certificate Authority. Raw CRLs and OCSP responses were never really designed for human consumption :)

• 5.  RE: Certificate Revocation list on Clear pass

Posted Mar 28, 2017 10:37 PM

Thanks a lot

• 6.  RE: Certificate Revocation list on Clear pass

Posted Jul 05, 2017 07:50 AM

Hi,

After you configured the CRL, did you then have to reference this in your service? I'm reviewing our EAP-TLS service but can only see references to OSCP configuration? 

With this in mind, is it the case that once the CRL is configured that the EAP-TLS service inherently uses this CRL without it being explicitly configured?

Thanks

• 7.  RE: Certificate Revocation list on Clear pass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 05, 2017 08:02 AM
    No, it just needs to be defined. OCSP should be used with EAP-TLS though.

• 8.  RE: Certificate Revocation list on Clear pass

Posted Jul 05, 2017 09:27 AM

Agree regarding the OCSP comment, we are being given a steer by our internal PKI team to use a CRL :(

Thanks for confirming.