Security

MVP

Certificate request

Hello

Im trying to do a certificate Request from the Clearpass but im unable to do it.

What i want is that the Clearpass has a for example a machine certificate of an existing  CA so when i try to authenticate users using clearpass as the NPS clients can authenticate correctly... as i need a machine certificate on the clearpass to make it work, or at least thats how it works with windows NPS it needs a server certificate which i do the request and then install it on the NPS windows server...

What im doing

Im trying to Generated Certificate Signing Request so i can use that to request the certificate and get a certificate for my Clearpass so then the 802.1x EAP PEAP can work properly.

When i try to create the request i get a null value

Like this Certificate.JPG

I am doing it incorrectly?

I want to stop using my windows NPS and start using the clearpass as NPS.

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Aruba Employee

Re: Certificate request

If you have an existing NPS certificate that you want to use with ClearPass, you will need to export that certiicate and private key into separate files and then import them. Creating a certificate request is for requesting a brand new certificate.

MVP

Okay i guess that can work!

But if i didnt have that certificate and i needed to request a new one, how can i do it?

Alternetworks Corp
MVP

Hello Again Avidal...

The admin set that the certifcate cannot be exported for security reasons so i need by force to do a certificate request...

Any idea of this?[

Alternetworks Corp
Aruba Employee

You will need to proceed on your original path of creating a certificate request. Make sure you fill in all of the fields in the form. I suspect that is why you are getting the error. Make sure that your CN is an FQDN also.

Aruba Employee

I just tested this in 6.1 and it doesnt care that I only fill out a CN and the password. I get no null error. Please open a case with TAC to investigate.

MVP

Which version are you using? I have also seen this behavior with one of the first ClearPass 6.1 versions; the GUI would respond very poorly because the ClearPass server does not have direct internet access. You should upgrade to the latest patch available.

ACMX#255 | ACMP | ACCP | AWMP
www.securelink.nl
Aruba

Correct. There was a bug in the first release which the admin patch fixed. If you don't have internet access to that appliance you will need to download the patch and host it locally and run the CLI upgrade. 

system update -i http://xxxxxx.xxx/patchname.bin

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
MVP

[ Edited ]

Im running ClearPass Policy Manager 6.1.0.50961 on CP-SW-EVAL platform

I guess thats the lastest one? or im wrong?

Cheers

Carlos

Alternetworks Corp
Aruba

If your running that version you will need the admin patch.

The latest is

ClearPass Policy Manager 6.1.1.52552 on CP-SW-EVAL platform
Dashboard
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: