Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Change soniWALL ARUBA goes offline

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Change soniWALL ARUBA goes offline

Posted Nov 08, 2013 06:12 PM
    I have two sites. The first site has my servers and Aruba controller. The second site is down the road with its own cable modem to a sonicWALL to the switches. I upgraded the sonicWALL with the same ip I get internet and the alarm works but no wireless at the site. Not sure how the site is talking back to the servers and Aruba control over the internet connection. I was just hired and third party is not willing to give me the information about the network. Thank you for any help you can give me.

• 2.  RE: Change soniWALL ARUBA goes offline

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 08, 2013 06:16 PM

@School_IT wrote:
    I have two sites. The first site has my servers and Aruba controller. The second site is down the road with its own cable modem to a sonicWALL to the switches. I upgraded the sonicWALL with the same ip I get internet and the alarm works but no wireless at the site. Not sure how the site is talking back to the servers and Aruba control over the internet connection. I was just hired and third party is not willing to give me the information about the network. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Do you know the ip address of the Aruba access point?  Can you ping it?  Did it rely on DHCP?  Is DHCP still active at that site?

• 3.  RE: Change soniWALL ARUBA goes offline

Posted Nov 08, 2013 06:21 PM
    Yes I know the ip of my controller. If I reinstall the old sonicwall it comes back up. I'm not sure how it talks back to the server room I know the alarm is on a dhcp back to the server and it works with the new sonicwall

• 4.  RE: Change soniWALL ARUBA goes offline

Posted Nov 08, 2013 06:25 PM
    I would think one of the servers in the main server room must be a DHCP to setup the connection

• 5.  RE: Change soniWALL ARUBA goes offline

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 08, 2013 07:17 PM

@School_IT wrote:
    Yes I know the ip of my controller. If I reinstall the old sonicwall it comes back up. I'm not sure how it talks back to the server room I know the alarm is on a dhcp back to the server and it works with the new sonicwall

Unfortunately, you have to figure all of that out...  Can you take a look at the configuration of the old sonicwall?  We would just be guessing at this point...