Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Check box won't stay checked after save!! (It did once......)

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Check box won't stay checked after save!! (It did once......)

Posted Aug 16, 2012 10:01 AM

Hi all,

Odd situation here. I am working on various guest login options and ran in to an issue where on the web login editing screen I can't seem to have a check box stay checked. It worked once but then unchecked its self.....

Here is the goal: guests self register and then on the recipt page instead of having them have to go back to the login screen and type in the new credentials, have it so they are automatically logged in.

My solution was to use MAC auth in the self registration page using the paired accounts method. Then I had a link which takes them back to log in sceen where  MAC auth is used to login, ie nothing needs to be entered just have to press login. This is where the issue is. On page 131 of the deployment guide it outlines how to use mac auth:

Set auth. method to anonymous

Turn mac auth plugin on and set correct mac format (to match what controller sees)

put "_mac" in to the new field.

check the "Auto-generate the anonymous account option (NOT STAYING CHECKED!)

When they are redirected to the login page the mac address is in the url and the accounts are created successfully with the right mac address.

Now it worked once....so it has to be something that I did!

Thanks, 

• 2.  RE: Check box won't stay checked after save!! (It did once......)

Posted Aug 16, 2012 10:33 AM

Little update.

Turns out this process is actaully described on page 294 "Click through Login Page" which is exactly what I want, but it is not currently working...

• 3.  RE: Check box won't stay checked after save!! (It did once......)

Posted Aug 16, 2012 12:45 PM

Hi, 

ok I have solved the problem but its not quite what the instructions say and has nothing to do with that checkbox....

It was the use of the "mac_auth" field on the guest registration page instead of the "mac_auth_pair" field. I would have liked the paired accounts function to work but its not a big deal as all of the guest particulars are listed under the device account. I just had to add in the extral columns see them.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Check box won't stay checked after save!! (It did once......)

Posted Aug 16, 2012 08:06 PM

The "Auto generate the anonymous account" option can only be set once ... after that, the anonymous account has already been created, so it does not need to be generated again.  This is probably why you are seeing the checkbox not staying checked.