Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Cisco WLC terminate session CoA

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  Cisco WLC terminate session CoA

Posted Mar 10, 2014 02:20 PM

Hi,

I am confiuring CPPM and for 802.1x SSID I have to allow only one session per user at a time. For that I am using post-auth-check no. of active-sessions based on that I want to send Disconnect session. On access tracker I am seeing under Radius CoA tab as Disconnect , Terminate Session CoA failed for device aa:bb:cc:11:22:33

CoA is enable on WLC , Insight enabled , I am able to Vlan derivation, acl for users etc. type of authorization

Anything I am missing 

• 2.  RE: Cisco WLC terminate session CoA

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 10, 2014 02:23 PM

If you do a manual CoA through access tracker, does it successfully disconnect?

• 3.  RE: Cisco WLC terminate session CoA

Posted Mar 10, 2014 02:28 PM

oops.. I missed that ...havent checked it.. Is it  the change status button ?

any idea what command on cisco wlc will let me know if its receiving the attributes sent by CPPM

• 4.  RE: Cisco WLC terminate session CoA

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 10, 2014 02:36 PM

Yes, try the Change Status button and choose Cisco - Terminate Session.

To debug RADIUS on the Cisco controller, use the debug aaa events enable command. 

• 5.  RE: Cisco WLC terminate session CoA

Posted Mar 11, 2014 09:01 AM

Yep tried with Change Status Tab it shows same thing - failed CoA for this <mac address> device..

• 6.  RE: Cisco WLC terminate session CoA

Posted Mar 11, 2014 04:03 PM

have you tried the debug aaa events enable as cappalli suggested to see what the controller says? is CoA enabled on the controller and on the ClearPass network item for the controller?

• 7.  RE: Cisco WLC terminate session CoA

Posted Mar 11, 2014 05:27 PM
    Often the cause for CoA issues

- Rfc3576 not enabled on the WLC. Newer IOS version come default with the new RFC5176 which Aruba doesnt support. You can still force the Cisco wlc to use rfc3576 tho.
    - Udp 3799 FROM Clearpass to WLC is not allowed in firewall/access lists. Often it's opened the wrong way.
    - Wlc is configured with the wrong Radius Client IP. Verify this on the access tracker - Input. Check that nas-ip-address is the same as connection:nad-ip-address found under Computed Attributes.

• 8.  RE: Cisco WLC terminate session CoA

Posted Mar 12, 2014 06:16 AM

Hi,

-RFC 3576 enabled

-no Firewall, UDP 3799 is not blocked 

-NAS and NAD ip details are correct.

Do we need to add any specific attribute from Radius Dictionaries for Radius :Terminate Session. As I am not able to see the same in Dictionaries under Cisco attributes. 

(Similar way we have added Airespace-ACL-..  attribute to enable ACL enforcement )

- Harshad.

• 9.  RE: Cisco WLC terminate session CoA

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2014 01:12 PM
    Please open a TAC case in parallel.

You shouldn't need to enable any other attributes. ClearPass has the Cisco
    CoA logic prepopulated.

• 10.  RE: Cisco WLC terminate session CoA

Posted Apr 24, 2014 09:38 AM

Hey..

Was this issue resolved? i am getting the same problem, tryied and checked everything doesnt seem to work at any cost :-(

• 11.  RE: Cisco WLC terminate session CoA

Posted Mar 10, 2014 06:08 PM

Note that in multi-controller environment often the Radius Client NAS ip address might have been set to be the VRRP address. Make sure this is set to the various controller ip's. In this scenario authentication will work even if you haven't added the VRRP address as radius client so it's a little confusing.

This is often the case in Aruba environs, but I'm guessing the same might apply to Cisco