Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clarpass with more than one network

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clarpass with more than one network

Posted Jun 16, 2015 01:26 PM

Hi Guys, 

I have two separeted management networks that are not routed and I need to use Claerpass to manage each one from the same server. Is it possible to use two NIC in the same Claerpass server to manage these networks?

If so, I need to create two services, one for itt network?

Thank you.

Leandro Menezes

• 2.  RE: Clarpass with more than one network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 16, 2015 01:30 PM
    No this is not possible.

You can create GRE and IPSec tunnels from other network equipment to
    ClearPass. You can also explore the use of VRFs on your network gear.

• 3.  RE: Clarpass with more than one network
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 16, 2015 01:46 PM

You can use the VLAN option on the MGMT interface. Keep in mind that ESXi does not have the notion of dual-mode or tagged and untagged on the same virtual port. Also, you will need to create routes if the networks are L3 networks. Not sure how far the functionality goes because I have not tried it yet. But I did have a partner that was using the VLAN tagging option for multiple networks on the MGMT interface.

Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 1.44.42 PM.png

• 4.  RE: Clarpass with more than one network

Posted Jun 21, 2015 05:20 AM

am i not understanding the question right or can't you use the data port for the one network and the mgmt port for the other network. there even is the services routing technote about this. sure it isn't advised, but it is possible.

you don't need different services, but you can have them. just check on something like the NAS IP to differentiate between the two networks.