Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clear Pass Guest Plugin Query List fails

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clear Pass Guest Plugin Query List fails

Posted Aug 28, 2012 09:41 AM

Have new installation of VMware Clearpass Guest 3.9

I have added the subscription on the licensing.arubanetworks site.

I did network test on Clearpass and passes, I can url ping various websites.

When I try to check for plugin updates i get the following error:

Plugin query list failed with XMLRPC error: XML response not found (HTTP code 302, content type text/html)

Has anyone else seen it?

• 2.  RE: Clear Pass Guest Plugin Query List fails

Posted Aug 28, 2012 10:19 AM

Sounds like you have already done some good connectivity troubleshooting with the ping url etc. I would look closely at the results from the ping url as I think there is a hint to the problem in the returned XML response below:

XML response not found (HTTP code 302, content type text/html)

A HTTP 302 normally indicates that the HTTP request has been redirected to another destination. It might be worth checking that the ClearPass Guest has not been placed in the guest VLAN on the controller and hence any outbound HTTP traffic is being redirected by the controller.

Hope this helps

Cam.

• 3.  RE: Clear Pass Guest Plugin Query List fails

Posted Aug 30, 2012 05:47 AM

I've had the RPC query error on a couple servers for a few days now, and just now realising it might not be "my" fault.

Logging in to secure.amigopod.com doesn't work either.

So Cam - any chance you can check to verify that the plugin server is running as it should?

• 4.  RE: Clear Pass Guest Plugin Query List fails

Posted Aug 30, 2012 06:12 AM

Well - confirmed the error on three independant ClearPass Guest systems now. They all get this message when trying to Update Plugins:

Plugin query list failed with XMLRPC error: HTTP server error 500

Gonna call support and get them to do some magic...

• 5.  RE: Clear Pass Guest Plugin Query List fails

Posted Aug 30, 2012 12:29 PM

I just ran a test from one of our lab servers and it was able to update successfully. That being said I ran this from within Aruba so I will look into whether there are any internet facing issues on this server. Keep you posted.

## Update ##

The software download server access has been restored and should be available again now for customer access. Our apologies for any inconvenience

• 6.  RE: Clear Pass Guest Plugin Query List fails

Posted Sep 11, 2012 04:32 AM

Hi all,

I just have a isuue that seems close to this case.

When I want to upgrade plugins, I get the following message :

Plugin query list failed with XMLRPC error: CURL Error 6: Couldn't resolve host 'www.amigopod.com'

The networks diagnostics are working fine , it's not a dns issue as the dns lookup for www.amigopod.com responds with the right ip address.

Any idea ?

Best regards,

Jean-Charles

• 7.  RE: Clear Pass Guest Plugin Query List fails

Posted Sep 17, 2012 05:01 PM

Try Administrator > System Control > Restart Services, and then try the plugin operation again.