Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clear Pass

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Clear Pass

Posted Sep 07, 2014 06:33 AM

Hi All, 

Hoppefully someone will be able to help. 

We have installed ClearPass Manager to control / Group our Apple Tv's into Buildings. 

All has been fine, until we enrolled a large number of IPads onto the Network. E.g. before we enrolled the IPads, all of the correct Apple TV's showed in Air play without a problem. 

Now, we have an intermittent problem where some of the Apple T'vs do not show in Air Play. 

Would this be down to the amount of Bonjour traffic that is being passed around on the network? Is there anyway to counter act this problem?

Thanks

Matt 

• 2.  RE: Clear Pass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 07, 2014 06:45 AM

Are all of the Apple TVs and iPads registered the exact same way?

Do you see the Apple TVs on the controller when you run the command below? Also, do you see the appropriate group/location restrictions in the table?

show airgroup servers verbose

• 3.  RE: Clear Pass

Posted Sep 07, 2014 06:50 AM

The Apple Tv's are all on a seperate wireless VLan. And the Ipads are on their own Vlan. 

I will look into this and I will post my findings. Thanks for replying so quickly. 

Matt 

• 4.  RE: Clear Pass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 07, 2014 06:56 AM

You can also do a quick check in the GUI.

On the main dashboard screen, go to clients and find the iPad that you're currently troubleshooting.  Then click the AirGroup tab and under Far Devices, make sure the AppleTV in question is under "Accessible".

airgroup-controller-nearfar.png

• 5.  RE: Clear Pass

Posted Sep 08, 2014 01:51 AM

Hi,

Having looked under the AirPlay tab, under Clients. There is nothing there. 

On the IPad, I can see 6 Apple TV's

• 6.  RE: Clear Pass

Posted Sep 08, 2014 10:56 AM

but both your iPads and Apple TVs are on your Aruba Controller wireless networks?

and you have confgured ClearPass to work together with your Aruba Controller?

• 7.  RE: Clear Pass

Posted Sep 15, 2014 01:23 AM

Hi,

Yes that is correct. 

Following on from the post above, a restart of the master controller has been completed. Now the ATV's show in the Air Group tab. 

Unfortunately we are still getting intermittant problems with ATV's dissaparing / not mirroring.

• 8.  RE: Clear Pass

Posted Sep 15, 2014 02:40 AM

does the controller have an IP address in all the subnets where the apple TVs are located?