Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clear pass guest authentication error

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Clear pass guest authentication error

Posted Oct 16, 2014 12:30 AM

I am trying to configure guest authentication using clearpass local guest repository. I am getting following error. Please view and guide where i am doing wrong.

Following are the attached screenshots of monitoring access tracker detail visuals.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

• 2.  RE: Clear pass guest authentication error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 16, 2014 12:32 AM
    Your service is not being hit. You can use the start here and choose Guest with Mac Authentication.

• 3.  RE: Clear pass guest authentication error

Posted Oct 16, 2014 01:16 AM

But we are still getting the same error.

7.jpg1.jpg5.jpg

• 4.  RE: Clear pass guest authentication error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 16, 2014 01:18 AM
    In the service remove the device type equals ICT. Why do you have that in there?

Also make sure the SSID is the exact same. In access tracker click on the input tab and see what SSID is being sent.

• 5.  RE: Clear pass guest authentication error

Posted Oct 16, 2014 01:21 AM

Please find the attached snapshot.

9.jpg

• 6.  RE: Clear pass guest authentication error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 16, 2014 01:30 AM

I just noticed that your errors are all application not radius or MAC auth. You need to create a service that will auth the captive portal. 

Start here and choose Guest Access-Web Login

• 7.  RE: Clear pass guest authentication error

Posted Oct 16, 2014 03:17 AM

I tried to create Web access guest login but i end up in getting below enforcement error.

Please view and guide,I am new in configuring Clearpass.sc1.gif

@tarnold wrote:

I just noticed that your errors are all application not radius or MAC auth. You need to create a service that will auth the captive portal. 

@tarnold wrote:

• 8.  RE: Clear pass guest authentication error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 16, 2014 03:32 AM

From the screen shot it looks like you already created one. Did you delete it and then try to recreate it? Or delete one part of the service and try to edit.

Try creating one with a new name/prefex.

A great thing about clearpass is that it is very flexible, but if you have not taken any of the training classes and try to just build it on the fly it is very challenging. Clearpass should be setup by one of the cetified partners or an aruba employee either onsite or remote.

If the above dosent work then please contact TAC. 

• 9.  RE: Clear pass guest authentication error

Posted Jul 10, 2017 08:44 AM
    Dear, This issue has been solved?