Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clear sponsor email response

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Clear sponsor email response

Posted Nov 18, 2016 11:48 PM

I am new to clear guest configuration. I am able send the Sponsor email and email reaches in inbox of the sponsor but when i try to approve but its not working .I do see approval email going out  in administration --support-application-log. But i do not see the same from email response on the log. Can this be due to CPPM FQDN not registered in DNS server or anything else?

• 2.  RE: Clear sponsor email response

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 19, 2016 08:05 AM

Did you try and copy and paste the link?  If the user is not "inside" your organization, or on VPN, typically the clearpass URL cannot be resolved.  Has this ever worked?

• 3.  RE: Clear sponsor email response

Posted Nov 19, 2016 01:02 PM
    Is the user inside your network so it can reach ClearPass ?

Is the sponsor expected to authenticate in order to approve the access ?

Get Outlook for iOS

• 4.  RE: Clear sponsor email response

Posted Nov 27, 2016 07:27 AM

Finally it is working without authentication of sponsor. But when i try with authentication  of sponsore it does not work . once i click the link on the sponsor email it directs to url asking for user name and pass word. but when i am giving the user name and password it fails to classify the service. 

Any information required do let me know so that i can share and do let me know what needs to be checked .

Thanks in advance.

• 5.  RE: Clear sponsor email response

• 6.  RE: Clear sponsor email response

Posted Nov 28, 2016 12:42 AM

Thanks a lot. Everything working now. I moved to ASO and it is also working fine