Security

Regular Contributor II

ClearPAss Migration to 6.5

Hi All

We need to upgrade an existent Clearpass from 6.2.6 to 6.5.

Since we have certificates, licenses and other configurations what is the correct way to do it?

Create a new VM in Clearpass 6.5? How to migrate existentsettings like certificates and licenses to the new one?

Open a support incident with HPE?

Hope you can help

Regards

Guru Elite

Re: ClearPAss Migration to 6.5

You should move to 6.6.8, not 6.5. 

Since you're on such an old release, yes it may make sense to work with Aruba TAC to plan the upgrade. You can also reach out to your ClearPass partner.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Regular Contributor II

Hi

Do you know where can I get CPPM 6.2.6 OVF to deploy in a LAB?

.I need to do that and create a backup of the existing production server..

After that i will do the upgrade path to 6.6 on A LAB. LAst step will be deploy it to a new server..

We don't offer OVF's for individual versiopn sof CPPM. You have to install the base 6.2 and then patch it.

Best Regards
-d

ClearPass Product Manager

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Regular Contributor II

Hi

I was able to implemement a VM LAB with a 6.2.6 and a backup from the client.

Now I am testing importing the 6.5.0 image to the Clearpass but gives the error on the image attached. Could you help?

i need to do it this way, since in the client I don´t have Clearpass connected to  internet.

I need to import file from 6.5 upgrade manually.

Frequent Contributor II

beconnect wrote:

Hi All

We need to upgrade an existent Clearpass from 6.2.6 to 6.5.

Since we have certificates, licenses and other configurations what is the correct way to do it?

Create a new VM in Clearpass 6.5? How to migrate existentsettings like certificates and licenses to the new one?

Open a support incident with HPE?

Hope you can help

Regards

I believe you would normally need to upgrade in several steps to properly upgrade your configuration without help from HPE/Aruba support.

6.2.6 ->6.3.0 -> 6.4.0 -> 6.5.0 -> 6.6.0 -> 6.6.8

I believe that would be the correct path. You need to read all the Release Notes, especially the upgraade sections, for any caveats and major behavioral changes.

That is partially why I try to stay reasonably up to date. During Thanksgiving break I am updating from 6.6.5 to 6.6.8 

Bruce Osborne - Wireless Engineer
ACCP, ACMP
Regular Contributor II

Hi.

Thanks. I already tried 6.3.0 and the error is the same.
Frequent Contributor II

You have the proper disk sizes as discussed in the Terch note for upgrading a VM, right? You need either 500 GB or 1024 GB of disk space on the VM in order to upgrade.

Did you read the upgrade instructions in the 6.3.0 Release Notes?

If you did all those, you really need to open an HPE/Aruba support ticket so they can determine why your upgrade is failing.

Bruce Osborne - Wireless Engineer
ACCP, ACMP
Regular Contributor II

Hi

Already open a case.

The guy said that was the file but I tried with 6.5 and 6.3 files and errors are the same. I will check the disks again.

Regards.

OK, so firstly you DO NOT need to go through all of the steps as mentioned in an earlier thread.

If you're on 6.3.6 you can go directly to 6.6.0 from 6.3.6 as per the 6.6.0 release notes. Then 6.6.0 direct to 6.6.8.

That to one side.... you're currently on 6.2.6, it should be a formality to go to 6.3.0 regardless of the disk size. You have something weird going on. Please work with TAC to resolve this initial step.

Best Regards
-d

ClearPass Product Manager

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: