Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass 6.6.0 Cumulative Patch 7 - Withdrawn?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ClearPass 6.6.0 Cumulative Patch 7 - Withdrawn?

Posted Jul 21, 2017 06:18 AM

Is it true that ClearPass 6.6.0 Cumulative Patch 7 is withdrawn?

i cannot find this update on the download page, but i do see it in the update section of clearpass.

• 2.  RE: ClearPass 6.6.0 Cumulative Patch 7 - Withdrawn?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 21, 2017 07:42 AM
    Yes. 6.6.7 is temporarily unavailable.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass 6.6.0 Cumulative Patch 7 - Withdrawn?

Posted Jul 21, 2017 01:36 PM

Do you happen to know why it was pulled?

• 4.  RE: ClearPass 6.6.0 Cumulative Patch 7 - Withdrawn?

Posted Jul 25, 2017 05:15 PM

I don't need a detailed list of what's wrong with it, but an offical notice of the withdrawal would help.

Because the patch came out, I initiated the upgrade paper trail and now I have the AOK to upgrade and no upgrade to make.

Something more substantial than a community post stating that the patch was withdrawn would make my documentation easier to defend to the assessor ;)

• 5.  RE: ClearPass 6.6.0 Cumulative Patch 7 - Withdrawn?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 25, 2017 05:39 PM

The 6.6.7 release was temporarily removed from download after reports of unexpected RADIUS server crashes were made from four different customers.  The issue was found to be related to EAP-TLS where clients were sending certificates with a zero length.  Though this affects a small number of customers, until we have a hotfix available the ClearPass team decided to not repost the patch.  A 6.6.7 repost and hot fix release are both eminent.

• 6.  RE: ClearPass 6.6.0 Cumulative Patch 7 - Withdrawn?

Posted Jul 25, 2017 05:47 PM

Thanks, I'll not my upgrade documents that the patch is "delayed"

• 7.  RE: ClearPass 6.6.0 Cumulative Patch 7 - Withdrawn?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 26, 2017 04:53 PM

6.6.7 is available again. Please be sure to install the hotfix after upgrading. This hotfix resolves the issue noted above and also adds support for SMBv2 and SMBv3.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Security/ClearPass-Release-Announcements/m-p/303234#M32873

• 8.  RE: ClearPass 6.6.0 Cumulative Patch 7 - Withdrawn?

Posted Jul 27, 2017 04:27 PM

Installed and hot-fixed - went smoothly and everything seems to be working. Fixed the Chrome page re-draw problem.