Security

New Contributor

ClearPass Accounting Proxy - No info being sent

Hello all-

I'm trying to use the Accounting Proxy feature to send information to a Fortinet Fortigate device (not FortiAuthenticator!) when I authenticate via an 802.1x wireless service and am having some trouble.

I tried to follow the CPPM TechNote - 3rd Party Enforcement Points (Fortinet) v1.1 pdf  as closely as possible.

I can't seem to get any information to actually *go* to the Fortinet. When I run a packet capture on the Fortinet inside interface, it doesn't appear to ever receive any RADIUS info from CPPM.  I did configure the accounting proxy target, I also edited an Endpoint Context Server to use the ip of the Fortigate (for both logon and logoff, though I'm not sure the example api URL is correct). 

When I connect to the wireless SSID I see all of the correct role data etc, but it doesn't appear to ever try to hit the Fortigate. Anyone have ideas? Thanks in advance!

CPPM - 6.6.0.81015

Guru Elite

Re: ClearPass Accounting Proxy - No info being sent

You’re running a very old release. I would start by upgrading to either 6.6.10 or 6.7.5

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

I've upgraded to 6.6.10. Same results

Occasional Contributor I

I'm in the same boat.  Running 6.7.5 and not able to see any traffic being proxied out. 

Thanks

New Contributor

I'll kick myself for this one, but the problem was that RADIUS accounting wasn't running on my controller. As soon as I turned that on, the appropriate traffic started flowing.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: