Security

New Contributor

ClearPass + Aruba central (APIs) : link a mac address to it's associated email and login method

Hi everyone,

I wonder if it's possible to retrieve the email adresses used in the Clearpass Captive Guest Portal login page by using a mac.

I mean, I need to retrieve a user email by using a mac adress as a search filter throught an API call.

The overall goal is to achieve some reporting by matching Clearpass and Central datas:

Ex.:

MAC                         EMAIL                            LOGIN    AP
40:88:05:bd:333       x.client@hotmail.com    twitter      Local1

Could someone could point me out some infos ?

In my case, usernames are blank in Central... (Maybe a settings mistake)

Thank's a lot,

Simon Rousseau, M. Sc.
President Rioh.io
simon@rioh.io

Guru Elite

Re: ClearPass + Aruba central (APIs) : link a mac address to it's associated email and login method

Are you looking for an API call to pull the data externally or you just want the email to show up as the username to show up in Central?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

Re: ClearPass + Aruba central (APIs) : link a mac address to it's associated email and login method

If possible, externally...

Sent from my iPhone
Highlighted
Guru Elite

GET https://{{clearpass-fqdn}}/endpoint/mac-address/{mac_address}

New Contributor

Thank's for the quick follow up :) I think I will be able to do something with this if the captive web portal is on the clearpass side (I will get an update soon).

By curiosity, do you know if an endpoint like this one also exist on the Aruba Central side ?

Thank's again Tim !

Guru Elite

Not sure, sorry.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: