Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Console: Hit Enter once, two returns are sent

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Console: Hit Enter once, two returns are sent

Posted Nov 10, 2015 02:21 PM

I am bringing up some new ClearPass appliances (25K models) and I'm using the console for initial configuration.  Each time I hit the Enter key, two returns are sent.  This makes it impossible to set a password (the confirmation is blank after the second enter) and other task are difficult.

I'm using Putty, but have tried other terminal emulators with the same result.  Also, Putty (and the others) work fine on other destinations.

I don't know if it matters, but access to the consoles is handled via an HP terminal server.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Console: Hit Enter once, two returns are sent

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 12, 2015 03:29 AM

Can you plug directly into the appliance and see if you see the same issue? The settings you require are :

Baud Rate : 9600

Databits : 8

Parity : None

Stop Bits : 1

Flow Control : None

If you're using a RS232 -> USB converter try a different one, sometimes these can cause issues.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Console: Hit Enter once, two returns are sent

Posted Nov 12, 2015 11:32 AM

I wish I could.  The Clearpass appliances sit in a secured datacenter and I'm hitting them from my desk in a different building...I don't have access to the devices themselves, hence my reliance on the terminal servers.