Security

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Enpoints List

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Enpoints List

Posted Apr 15, 2013 03:13 PM

I have a quick easy question that I can't seem to find the answer to.  Do you guys know how long the enpoints stay in the enpoint repository in the CPPM box?

The reason I am asking is I am using that to get devices on a network that the customer owns.  However, I want to make sure next month they don't disappear or anything.  So I guess the question is do they stay there until deleted?  Or do they timeout if they are seen in a certain amount of time?

Thanks for the help.

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Enpoints List

Posted Apr 17, 2013 04:33 AM
    Good question.
    I believe that is related to the data retention policy you set, which I think is 52 weeks by default.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Enpoints List

Posted Apr 21, 2013 11:46 PM

So endpoints that are not refreshed in 52 weeks (be default) will be removed from the endpoing repository?

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Enpoints List

MVP
    Posted May 22, 2013 12:05 PM

What version of ClearPass? These settings are in Administration -> Server anager -> Server Configuration -> Cluster-Wide Parameters.

In 5.1.1, the "known or disabled endpoints cleanup interval" & "Unknown endpoints cleanup interval" are 0 days (no cleanup, by default

In 6.1.0, the same settings are on the Cleanup Intervals tab and also default to 0 days.

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Enpoints List

Posted May 22, 2013 03:11 PM

Thanks for the clarification.