Security

Contributor II

ClearPass Enpoints List

I have a quick easy question that I can't seem to find the answer to.  Do you guys know how long the enpoints stay in the enpoint repository in the CPPM box?

The reason I am asking is I am using that to get devices on a network that the customer owns.  However, I want to make sure next month they don't disappear or anything.  So I guess the question is do they stay there until deleted?  Or do they timeout if they are seen in a certain amount of time?

Thanks for the help.

MVP

Re: ClearPass Enpoints List

Good question.
I believe that is related to the data retention policy you set, which I think is 52 weeks by default.
Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCP-
Intelecom - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
MVP

So endpoints that are not refreshed in 52 weeks (be default) will be removed from the endpoing repository?

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Contributor II

What version of ClearPass? These settings are in Administration -> Server anager -> Server Configuration -> Cluster-Wide Parameters.

In 5.1.1, the "known or disabled endpoints cleanup interval" & "Unknown endpoints cleanup interval" are 0 days (no cleanup, by default

In 6.1.0, the same settings are on the Cleanup Intervals tab and also default to 0 days.

Bruce Osborne - Wireless Engineer
ACCP
MVP

Thanks for the clarification.

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: