Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Extensions - MicroSoft Intune & Intel ePolicy Orchestrator [ePO]

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Extensions - MicroSoft Intune & Intel ePolicy Orchestrator [ePO]

Posted Aug 19, 2016 01:41 PM

As you all know [I hope] in the CPPM 6.6 release we added a new framework we market as ClearPass Extensions. For those of you that do not know about Extensions here is a quick 10 sec overview. Extensions are micro-services that allow us to deliver integrations and features as '"Apps", e.g. micro-services that we can develop and then importantly release to the field outside of the main platform code release cycle. Its a very exciting release mechanism that we can utilize to bring features to market in a very short period of time, cool..!! 

At this time we have number of Extension in development, some will never see the light of day as they are skunk-works projects but there are three that I've been developing. Two are basically ready to release, at this time I'm capturing a list of customers/partners for a restricted-release-program. 

The first is "Intel McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator" that I've jointly developed with Intel, they recently signed off the integration and we are now looking for a list of customers who would like to take a look at the integration.

Danny, whats ePO? so very briefly, its basically a desktop management system that is widely deployed in enterprises to allow endpoint security policy control. They say "McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (McAfee ePO) is the most advanced, extensible, and scalable centralized security management software in the industry." 

The second is "Microsoft Intune" [this is a cloud based MDM]. Devloped directly with the MSFT Intune team we're again looking for customers/partners that want to be included on the restricted-release-program. 

And, I'm guessing you want to know the third, this is SNOW [Service Now], but Danny we already have SNOW integration, Yes we do but that an outbound feature the allows us to raise incident tickets in the SNOW platform. The extension I'm working here is to allow CPPM to use SNOW's CMDB Asset DB as an authorization source to grant/deny/restrict devices that authN on the network.

So for ePO & Intune, if you want to be considered to be part of the program please email djump@hpe.com

Company Name

Contact Name

Email Address

Contact Number

s/w version of ePO / Intune

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Extensions - MicroSoft Intune & Intel ePolicy Orchestrator [ePO]

Posted Oct 15, 2016 04:26 AM

Hi Danny,

Thanks for this great post! Are these extensions (Intel Sec - ePO) already available for download? Or the process is still the same (we need to request this via email to you). We would like to do just a short test for this. 

thanks in advance!

Cheers,

LG

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Extensions - MicroSoft Intune & Intel ePolicy Orchestrator [ePO]

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 15, 2016 10:34 AM
    Please contact your Aruba SE.

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Extensions - MicroSoft Intune & Intel ePolicy Orchestrator [ePO]

Posted Oct 19, 2016 09:02 PM

You can contact me, Intel ePO is set for release now.... for MSFT Intune I'm just waiting for them to approve my TechNote and then were ready to go. :)

Note, you need a minimum of 6.6.0.