Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Guest Account Cleanup

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest Account Cleanup

Posted Apr 05, 2017 10:45 AM

Hi all,

I use a fairly simple guest self regiration system with ClearPass Guest. Now that it's been up and running for a while, we seem to be having odd issues with frequent guests (we have people who are here every day, but are not employees) and them being unable to register or get online properly.

Their previous guest account shows as "expired". What does this mean for the end user? Are they unable to connect again if their account is expired? Do I need to make sure that CPPM is cleaning them?

In the meantime, for the users that I KNOW are around, I'm working with them to create accounts that don't expire, but I'm confused about what it's doing and why.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Guest Account Cleanup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 05, 2017 11:29 AM

Dafault Guest account which are expired will cleanup after every 30 days. If account got expired then user no longer able to connect to the network. If they are regular guest users then you could increase the guest expiry time in registration page.

Capture(1).PNG

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Guest Account Cleanup

Posted Apr 05, 2017 11:50 AM

Thank you, that makes the reports that I'm hearing make much more sense. Time for some adjustments!