Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass - Guest - Anonymous Web Login

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  ClearPass - Guest - Anonymous Web Login

Posted Mar 06, 2017 06:04 AM

Does anybody know exactly how ClearPass counts the guest licenses for a Web Page based on anonymous access? The web page uses one guest account in the Guest User Repository and I know for sure that in the past (CPPM 6.5 and prior) only one license was counted for all guest users (so multiple endpoints).

I know notice that since I upgraded to CPPM 6.6 the license count seems to be based on the number of endpoints, instead of the one guest account. This means that the I suddenly exceed the Guest licenses since I upgraded.

• 2.  RE: ClearPass - Guest - Anonymous Web Login
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 06, 2017 06:06 AM
    One license per device that uses the account.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass - Guest - Anonymous Web Login

Posted Mar 06, 2017 06:19 AM

So I guess that "changed" or should this have been the default from the beginning.........

I implemented several Anonymous web logins in the past and the guest license never exceed the limits but know it does ;-)

I guess I will reconfigure the web login to check the user against the local user repository. This should prevent the usage of Guest licenses, correct?