Security

MVP

ClearPass Guest Automatization

Hi guys,

I've got several questions regarding captive portal automatization and specialized configuration:

Situation 1:

Guest Captive Portal with sponsor confirmation.

Guest has registered and is waiting on sponsor confirmation (at the receipt page)

Sponsor confirms access for the user

Question 1:

Can I auto-submit the receipt page the moment the button becomes available (when guest user is accepted by sponsor)?

Situation 2 (with 2 questions):

Due to device limitations in onboard, we are searching for a workaround. We want to make users login with AD credentials to a web portal (like in onboard) but instead of certificate installation, they will generate a guest user to use for their device.

Flow is as following: login page -> registration page -> receipt page

User logs in, the registration page only has a field for username/email. Password will be a generated one. User will submit registration page to create user. 

Question 2:

Can I automatically get their email address from AD to use or their username and let it be filled in on the registration page? 

Example: user logs in, username field is filled in automatically with the username or email address.

Question 3 (only if question 2 is possible):

Can I again automatically submit the page to create the user?

Kind regards,

jcelis

MVP

Re: ClearPass Guest Automatization

Anybody got any idea?

Guru Elite

What ClearPass licenses do you own?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
MVP

Guest, onboard, onguard and policy manager.

Thanks for answering but don't see how the licenses are relevant for this. Just looking if I can and how to pull data from a login screen into a registration field and automatically submit the data. 

Aruba Employee

Re: Question 1:

Yes, you can detect when a user is "approved" by a sponsor when they're sitting on that receipt purgatory page:

{if $user.enabled}
USER IS ENABLED!!
{/if}

You can combine that with the auto-submit script, slightly modified, available on Arubapedia:

{if $user.enabled}
  {literal}
    <script>
      $( document ).ready(function() {
        Nwa_SubmitForm(_form_name,"ID_"+_form_name+"_submit"); // submit the form
      });
    </script>
  {/literal}
{/if}

Questions 2/3 seem doable as well, probably with additonal Javascript.

You can grab the username (email address) via the PHP smarty variable:

{$username}

Refer to the https://arubapedia.arubanetworks.com/afp/index.php/ClearPass_Guest_HTML_Cheatsheet for more tricks to help you with Questions 2/3.

MVP

Thanks for the reply. Knew I had to go to javascript to get this done. Also got some code from a colleague with how to retrieve information with LDAP and how to store it for the next page. 

Probably won't implement it right now. 

Aruba Employee

Keep us posted and feel free to share your code snippets if you need help troubleshooting!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: