Security

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Guest - Guest Creation at Reception

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest - Guest Creation at Reception

Posted Oct 02, 2017 08:11 AM

Hello,

We would like to implement ClearPass Guest in our office so I have a few questions.

Is it possible for guests to register themselves by using a PC at the reception? We want to avoid receptionists registering each user. Also, the reason why we want to use a PC is because we want each user to get a printed receipt which can be used a badge. Is it possible to implement such set up?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Naida

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Guest Creation at Reception

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 02, 2017 08:19 AM

Yes, completely possible.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Guest Creation at Reception

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 03, 2017 12:46 AM

It's a great use case and one I see all the time.

This is going to sound like a shameless plug, but *a tablet* app handles visitor and contractor registrations, and integrates into ClearPass for automatic creation of the guest accout. 

**Removed Shamless Plug Link** :) 

It's such a good feeling when you visit a place with a great visitor system with guest wireless. There are a number of visitor systems like this, and the more you automate, the more consistent and easier life becomes!

Cheers

Grocke

*Edited as the more I look there are lots of integration partners and I don't want to prefer one above another*