Security

ClearPass: Guest Landing Page Logic

Suppose I have varying roles assigned to different guests logging in: guest, contractor, board member, etc.  Is there any way to build logic into the landing page (Web Logins) that will display different content based on the role of the person that logged in?  For instance, the landing page should say "Welcome Guest.  You are now logged in and may surf the Internet" if it's a guest, or "Welcome board member.  Please click this link to access the board papers for this week."  I can't find a way to send different roles to different landing pages, so I figure this is my only option.

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
MVP

Re: ClearPass: Guest Landing Page Logic

You might acheive this by enabling the "allow guest users to be recognised by mac address" (or something like that) under config of the mac-auth plugin.
Thats all the info I have atm, but should give you a start.

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCP :: ACSA
Aruba Partner Ambassador
Intelecom Group - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
MVP

Do I understand your users already have different aruba-user-roles before entering credentials?

If so, just return different captive portals? No need for any scripting even.

Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.

Not knowing how to make landing page from scratch where is best location for imformation...

Guru Elite

Clearpass Guest> Configuration> Web Logins> Add new Web Login Page.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: