Security

Aruba

ClearPass Guest Services and Role Mappings

Hi,

I am just starting out with Clearpass and have an eval version that I am using for testing and demo.

In setting up, there's a few things that don't make sense, though I'm sure it's cause of my lack of experience and I'm probably doing it wrong.

I wanted to setup a basic guest portal, so I did the following

• Setup a web-auth service using the standard template and added in the relevant ssid.
  • Setup some role mappings so that the appropriate attribute is returned, and added this to the service.

However, when I try to add a user in CPGuest, that role is not available to choose.

If I go into the default [Guest Roles] mapping and add something in there, those roles are then available to choose, although I can't seem to see how this is referenced.

Although it is all working, I'd like to have my own policies and naming convention.  No doubt I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
MVP

Re: ClearPass Guest Services and Role Mappings

[ Edited ]

The reference to [Guest Roles] is indeed ridiculously well hidden.

You can use other role mapping by either editing the [Guest Roles] one but if you indeed prefer your own naming convention you can change the role mapping used as follows:

Go to Guest app > Administration > plugin manager > ClearPass Guest Services > Configuration

In here you can choose which mapping to use.

Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Aruba

The role that you add needs to have the [ ] for it to show up as a drop down. Example [test role]

Thank you
Troy Arnold
tarnold@arubanetworks.com
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Aruba

Thanks guys,

I found the [ ] doesn't make a difference, but just need to reference the correct mapping as Koenv mentioned.

All good

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Aruba

If you want the roles to show up in the drop down when adding a guest user they won't show up unless they are included.

You can reference mappings without them. AD role=IT Admin
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
MVP

Good info, I spend too much time figuring out there was a difference between "Role ID" and "[Role ID]".

Michael_Clarke: this does make a difference whithin the mapping you selected/changed where I mentioned before. You must use [Role ID] here.

Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: