Security

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Guest Services and Role Mappings

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest Services and Role Mappings

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 04, 2013 04:01 AM

Hi,

I am just starting out with Clearpass and have an eval version that I am using for testing and demo.

In setting up, there's a few things that don't make sense, though I'm sure it's cause of my lack of experience and I'm probably doing it wrong.

I wanted to setup a basic guest portal, so I did the following

• Setup a web-auth service using the standard template and added in the relevant ssid.
    • Setup some role mappings so that the appropriate attribute is returned, and added this to the service.

However, when I try to add a user in CPGuest, that role is not available to choose.

If I go into the default [Guest Roles] mapping and add something in there, those roles are then available to choose, although I can't seem to see how this is referenced.

Although it is all working, I'd like to have my own policies and naming convention.  No doubt I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Guest Services and Role Mappings
    Best Answer

MVP
    Posted Jul 04, 2013 04:39 AM

The reference to [Guest Roles] is indeed ridiculously well hidden.

You can use other role mapping by either editing the [Guest Roles] one but if you indeed prefer your own naming convention you can change the role mapping used as follows:

Go to Guest app > Administration > plugin manager > ClearPass Guest Services > Configuration

In here you can choose which mapping to use.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Guest Services and Role Mappings

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 04, 2013 04:43 AM
    The role that you add needs to have the [ ] for it to show up as a drop down. Example [test role]

Thank you
    Troy Arnold
    tarnold@arubanetworks.com

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Guest Services and Role Mappings

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 04, 2013 05:08 AM

Thanks guys,

I found the [ ] doesn't make a difference, but just need to reference the correct mapping as Koenv mentioned.

All good

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Guest Services and Role Mappings

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 04, 2013 05:17 AM
    If you want the roles to show up in the drop down when adding a guest user they won't show up unless they are included.

You can reference mappings without them. AD role=IT Admin

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Guest Services and Role Mappings

MVP
    Posted Jul 04, 2013 05:52 AM

Good info, I spend too much time figuring out there was a difference between "Role ID" and "[Role ID]".

Michael_Clarke: this does make a difference whithin the mapping you selected/changed where I mentioned before. You must use [Role ID] here.