Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Guest - Sponsor Confirmation

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest - Sponsor Confirmation

Posted Jan 31, 2018 09:33 AM

Hi,

I have one problem with the sponsor confirmation guest access scenario. I prepared 3 scenarios (registration only, SMS action, Email action) and it is working well. But the sponsor confirmation scenario redirect guests from the regiter page to the operator login page and I really dont know why. After the registration, guest is redirected to the operator login page and the confirmation email to the sponsor is not send.

Configuration is almost same as for "email action" scenario, only sponsor confirmation is enabled.

ClearPass version is 6.7.0.35289.

Have you someone met with a similar problem ?

Thanks for your help.

Vaclav

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Sponsor Confirmation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2018 09:38 AM
    The sponsor is likely being set to be the user who is registering. Take a look at your sponsor field configs.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Sponsor Confirmation

Posted Jan 31, 2018 10:04 AM

I dont know if I am understand it well. So my idea is that the guest connect to the SSID, fill the registration form (name, email, sponsor name, sponsor email) and click the register button. After that the account is created but disabled. So far it is working.

Guest is redirected to the self-reg login page and sponsor receive the email with need of guest accout confirmation and enable the account. After that the guest receive the email with password and login through the portal login page.

Is it correct idea ?

Do you think the sponsor field in the registration page form ?

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Sponsor Confirmation

Posted Feb 01, 2018 03:45 AM
      |   view attached

I made some screenshots. Thanks for any advice.

Attachment(s)

docx
    CP-Sponsor.docx   1.10 MB 1 version

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Sponsor Confirmation

Posted Feb 01, 2018 04:30 AM

I have one update. This behaviour is for IE. I tried it with Google Chrome and there is everything ok. On Android devices it is same as in IE. So I am little confused.