Security

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Guest: difference between "Save Changes" and "Save and Reload" button

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest: difference between "Save Changes" and "Save and Reload" button

Posted May 03, 2013 05:36 AM

very simple question but can't seem to find it in the documentation.

is in clearpass guest (version 6 if it matters) the difference between "Save Changes" and "Save and Reload" button only if you stay on the page or return to the page before it?

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Guest: difference between "Save Changes" and "Save and Reload" button

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 03, 2013 05:46 AM
    Depending on the web browser you use and if you have pop up blocker turned on. Save and reload will either open a new window or tab with the page you just created or updated.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Guest: difference between "Save Changes" and "Save and Reload" button

Posted May 03, 2013 10:32 AM

hmm odd, with me it just shows the same page in the same tab. anyway the effect is the same right, the configuration is saved?

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Guest: difference between "Save Changes" and "Save and Reload" button
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 03, 2013 11:58 AM

Correct. The save and reload is just handy way of you previewing your page when you are done editing it. I have see your issue only when popup blocker is enabled.

What browser are you using i would like to see if I can replicate your issue?

Thank you,

Troy

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Guest: difference between "Save Changes" and "Save and Reload" button

Posted Feb 24, 2014 04:24 AM

took a while, but tested it today and it works like you explain, probably browser issue before.