Security

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Guest error when enabling receipts delivery by SMS

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest error when enabling receipts delivery by SMS

Posted Nov 03, 2015 04:26 PM

Hello,

When I enable SMS delivery of receipts in my Guest Self-registrations configuration, if a client registers the web page will hang on a white screen after click the 'register' button.  The account is created but no receipt actions occur.  If I turn on debug for SMS, I get the following error in the application log:

Fatal Application Error: Call to undefined method NwaTranslationServices::Send()
    Client:    10.243.28.2:52192
    Script:    /guest/guest_register.php
    Function:  NwaPhpFatalErrorHandler
    Arguments: array (
    )
    Details:   array (
      'type' => 1,
      'message' => 'Call to undefined method NwaTranslationServices::Send()',
      'file' => '/opt/amigopod/www/_include/NwaCore/SMSFunctions.php',
      'line' => 29,

I am using SMS over SMTP in ClearPass version 6.5.0.  Any ideas?  Do I have a conflicting configuration somewhere or is this a support issue?

Thank you,

David Johnson 

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Guest error when enabling receipts delivery by SMS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2015 04:32 PM
    Did you create an SMTP sms handler?
    Is the phone carrier field enabled in the form?

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Guest error when enabling receipts delivery by SMS

Posted Nov 03, 2015 04:42 PM

Hello Tim,

Thanks for the quick response.  Yes, I created a handler and it works successfully if I test from with the SMS Services configuration area.

Yes, I have the carrier field enabled and in the receipt action it is set for 'Auto-send guest receipts by SMS with a special field set'.  I have the Auto-Send Field as 'visitor_carrier'.  This is in the 'Receipt Actions' configuration.

I just noticed under Configuration->Receipts->SMS Receipt the Auto-Send Field is set to 'visitor_phone'.  Is this a conflict?

Thanks again,

David Johnson

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Guest error when enabling receipts delivery by SMS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2015 04:44 PM
    Try using the auto send sms field and adding it to the form. I would also upgrade to the latest release.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Guest error when enabling receipts delivery by SMS

Posted Nov 03, 2015 05:07 PM

Thanks.  Tried the field in the receipt form, same error message.

Large envrionment, upgrade cannot happen until Thanksgiving week.

Regards,

David Johnson

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Guest error when enabling receipts delivery by SMS

Posted Nov 03, 2015 05:44 PM
    Like Tim said you should consider upgrading to the latest version of 6.5.x because you currently have installed is a very early version .

• 7.  RE: ClearPass Guest error when enabling receipts delivery by SMS

Posted Nov 05, 2015 01:07 AM

One of the problems with SMTP gateway for SMS is that there is no real feedback loop for errors, as you are finding.  We do have built in integrations via HTTP APIs to a series of commercial providers that may provide a much smoother integration and set of troubleshooting tips.  The cost per message can be very low, and althoguh not free if the volume of SMS you have is manageble then it may be a better option.

Hope that helps

Carlos