Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Guest with Chrome

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest with Chrome

Posted Mar 07, 2018 08:07 AM

I am having issue with ClearPass Guest Access in Chrome on WIndows machines. After the information is passed on the login portal page it keeps giving error message regarding connection error. While the same access on same machine works fine using IE. 

Is there a known issue with Chrome and if there is a way to fix it? 

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Guest with Chrome

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 08, 2018 05:34 AM

Personally, have not seen this and I'm a big Chrome user.

Can you share what message you see?

In Chrome, you can open developer tools (Ctrl-Shift-I on Windows), and track what is going on on the network, and see if there are issues like scripts not being downloaded or abort with an error.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Guest with Chrome

Posted Sep 06, 2019 10:43 PM

Just noticed this with win 10 and Chrome same laptop if you use IE, FireFox, or edge it works. The strange thing is nothing in Access tracker shows deny but the user is stuck in pre-auth role they keep getting re-directed back to the captive portal. Were you able to figure out the problems?

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Guest with Chrome

Posted Sep 24, 2019 11:22 PM

Problem turned out to be the certificate wasn't created using the controllers CSR. We used a tool which the cert vendor provided. Once we used the CSR created from the controller and got the cert it fixed the issue.