Security

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass - MIgrate License to New Appliance

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  ClearPass - MIgrate License to New Appliance

Posted Aug 09, 2018 09:05 AM

Hi guys,

We have this situation:

Cluster with 2x ClearPass 6.6 with 250GB HD and need to Upgrade to 6.7 and we need to increase to 500GB. Because of this, we will create a new Cluster already using v6.7 and the 500GB disk.

My question is, when I convert the license from 6.6 to 6.7 on Networking Portal, how much time I have on old Cluster 6.6 before migrating to the new Cluster? Can I have this coexisting?

I'm asking this because we need the minimum downtime as possible.

• 2.  RE: ClearPass - MIgrate License to New Appliance

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 06:29 AM

Please work with Aruba TAC as I expect that you need new Platform Activation Keys (PAK) for your virtual appliances if you install fresh appliances. TAC can also better assist (or approve) running 6.6 and 6.7 in parallel.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass - MIgrate License to New Appliance

Posted Aug 14, 2018 09:30 AM

Well, I have an ideia.

We have 2 Subscritions IDs and the Cluster with 2 nodes, each one with 5K Access.

What if we upgrade just the Subscriber license to 6.7 and let the Publisher active in 6.6? What will happen to cluster with 6.6?

• 4.  RE: ClearPass - MIgrate License to New Appliance

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2018 12:36 PM

Please work with TAC as suggested by Herman Robers.

You may be able to run 6.6 and 6.7 clusters in parallel for some/needed time with the help of TAC instead of going through the below action.

"We have 2 Subscritions IDs and the Cluster with 2 nodes, each one with 5K Access.

What if we upgrade just the Subscriber license to 6.7 and let the Publisher active in 6.6? What will happen to cluster with 6.6?"

You will migrate the license keys to 6.7(NL) based on the subscription ID. TAC will be able to verify the subscription IDs and answers your queries.