Security

Occasional Contributor II

ClearPass - MIgrate License to New Appliance

Hi guys,

We have this situation:

Cluster with 2x ClearPass 6.6 with 250GB HD and need to Upgrade to 6.7 and we need to increase to 500GB. Because of this, we will create a new Cluster already using v6.7 and the 500GB disk.

My question is, when I convert the license from 6.6 to 6.7 on Networking Portal, how much time I have on old Cluster 6.6 before migrating to the new Cluster? Can I have this coexisting?

I'm asking this because we need the minimum downtime as possible.

At.te,
Andre Fernandes
ACMP | ACCP | ACSA

Re: ClearPass - MIgrate License to New Appliance

Please work with Aruba TAC as I expect that you need new Platform Activation Keys (PAK) for your virtual appliances if you install fresh appliances. TAC can also better assist (or approve) running 6.6 and 6.7 in parallel.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Occasional Contributor II

Well, I have an ideia.

We have 2 Subscritions IDs and the Cluster with 2 nodes, each one with 5K Access.

What if we upgrade just the Subscriber license to 6.7 and let the Publisher active in 6.6? What will happen to cluster with 6.6?

At.te,
Andre Fernandes
ACMP | ACCP | ACSA
Aruba Employee

Please work with TAC as suggested by Herman Robers.

You may be able to run 6.6 and 6.7 clusters in parallel for some/needed time with the help of TAC instead of going through the below action.

"We have 2 Subscritions IDs and the Cluster with 2 nodes, each one with 5K Access.

What if we upgrade just the Subscriber license to 6.7 and let the Publisher active in 6.6? What will happen to cluster with 6.6?"

You will migrate the license keys to 6.7(NL) based on the subscription ID. TAC will be able to verify the subscription IDs and answers your queries.

Thank you,
Saravanan Rajagopal

**Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the post.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: