Security

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass OnGuard Unified Agent

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  ClearPass OnGuard Unified Agent

Posted May 30, 2014 11:51 AM

I've looked but have not been successful finding anything - Is there any detailed documentation available for configuration options of the ClearPass OnGuard Unified Agent in regards to the VIA/VPN config? Can you push the VIA configuration settings along with the agent install? 

• 2.  RE: ClearPass OnGuard Unified Agent

Posted May 30, 2014 01:33 PM
    Look at the onguard settings under administration > onguard settings and there should an option for you to configure VIA (6.3.x version)

What version are you using ?

• 3.  RE: ClearPass OnGuard Unified Agent

Posted May 30, 2014 01:39 PM

Running 6.3.x. Yes you can enable Onguard with VIA. What I'm looking for is the actual config for VIA - ie server to connect to in order to download profiles or just push the profile. 

I don't think that part is in the user guide, just enabling the OnGuard agent to install VIA too. 

I only see this - 

Install VPNComponent: Enable this option to install the OnGuard VPN
    component.

• 4.  RE: ClearPass OnGuard Unified Agent

Posted Oct 23, 2018 12:07 AM

Hi there, 

For turning on VIA, we just need to purchase OnGuard license?

Thanks.

• 5.  RE: ClearPass OnGuard Unified Agent

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2018 12:51 AM
    No, The unified agent will allow you to install both but you will still need to lic both components. On guard is a clearpass lic and you will need to have a controller license for the via component.

• 6.  RE: ClearPass OnGuard Unified Agent

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2018 08:54 AM
    I would not recommend using Unified. You can now install them as separate components.