Security

Occasional Contributor II

ClearPass Policy Manager Web UI not accessible on network

I have installed CPPM6.6 ova on esxi6.5 for my lab. The installation is successful and I am able to the appadmin account from the esxi console.The CPPM has I.P 10.26.60.13/27 while the ESXi host has I.P 10.26.60.10/27. When I am trying to access the ESXi host from my LAN segment i.e 10.20.208.197/22 the host is accessible fine, but the CPPM isn't accessible fromthis segment. Neither the web UI is accessible nor the SSH or ping.

I used the ESXi console of CPPM to ping my laptop's I.P but it cannot go through and shows the error- Network is unreachable.(ScreenShot attached)

New Contributor

Re: ClearPass Policy Manager Web UI not accessible on network

Can you post the IP configuration of the CPPM host?

cppm_ip.PNGcppm: show ip

Hi, Please find the required details in the attached screenshots.

P.S- I just came across the fact that WebUI shows the data port gateway is configured(10.26.60.1) while chile shows it is not configured.

Aruba Employee

The MGMT interface is Mandator for ClearPass. I see no gateway is assigned to the MGMT interface.

If you prefer to use one interface, then you should configure MGMT interface with the IP 10.26.60.13/27, otherwise configure the MGMT with a valid IP and gateway and then check the status of DATA interface config.

Please update the ip address from the console or SSH.

#configure ip <mgmt|data> <ipaddress> netmask <netmask address> gateway <gateway address>

Thank you,
Saravanan Rajagopal

**Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the post.

What is the purpose of two different ports? I thought that management port would come in handy for a physical appliance to directly access it thorugh management port in case of a network outage.

Guru Elite

No, it’s not an out of band management port. It is the primary interface.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

Then what is the purpose of data port?

Aruba Employee

DATA port is optional.

Ex: You can use the DATA port  (in DMZ) when you do not want to expose the MGMT port.

Thank you,
Saravanan Rajagopal

**Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the post.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: