Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Policy Manager variable equivalent in ClearPass Guest question.

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Policy Manager variable equivalent in ClearPass Guest question.

Posted Aug 03, 2017 01:48 PM

What I am trying to accomplish here is that I want all Game Console to skip captive portal and get internet access only if the mac address exists in guest devices. 

Now looking at Enforment Policies, I added one below which works fine at least for the first line (Authorization:[Endpoints Repository]:Category  EQUALS  Game Console) => [Allow Access Profile] but for the second line ,  (Authorization:[Guest Device Repository]:SponsorName  CONTAINS  idm) I am not sure if I am doing it right. Is the variable "SponsorName" the same varialbe in Guest Devices?          

CPPM variable.png

Another question is, in ClearPass Guest.. under Home>Guest>Manage Devices is a list/table of devices and their id and values... is this the same Guest Device Repository in CleaPass Policy Manager?

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Policy Manager variable equivalent in ClearPass Guest question.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 02:00 PM

Yes, they're the same.

The way I recommended leveraging device registration is providing the user a list of devices roles: Game Console, Media Player, Printer, etc.

You then use this in policy. You can add profiling data to it as well as a "second check".

Here's a role map and policy example:

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 1.53.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 1.53.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 1.59.53 PM.png

We're working on a Device Registration Configuration Guide. Hope to have it released by the end of the year.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Policy Manager variable equivalent in ClearPass Guest question.

Posted Aug 03, 2017 02:13 PM

Wow that's a nice way of doing it. However, I get the device registration from an external IDM that has a script that can push in and/or deletes Guest device  MAC addresses in ClearPass. It doesn't give that much attribute but the sponsor of those device added is cpp_idm. So pretty much what I was doing is <if it is a game console and mac exist in guest devices and the sponsor contains 'idm' then it gets the internet> ... It's still very simple right now but we'll slowly evolve  and your reccomendation is indeed very interesting.

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Policy Manager variable equivalent in ClearPass Guest question.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 03:20 PM

Yeah! The built in Device Registration is very powerful and flexible.

Your original SponsorName rule should work fine for the use case you described.